NouKome - Generic romantic comedy for the fall season 2013?

Preview 18. September 2013 14:17

Today we'll have a preview of the upcoming anime series "Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come o Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru" that is going to air in this packed fall season 2013.

Yes, the title is long and I'm going to refer to this series from now on with the official abbreviation "NouKome". I wonder if there's a reason for these absurdly long names...

This light novel is written by Takeru Kasukabe with illustrations from Yukiwo and is going to be adapted by Diomedéa, the same studio who animated Sola and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

NouKome

The story follows the adventures of Amakusa Kaede, an high school boy who has a problematic supernatural power called "Zettai Sentakushi" who forces him to follow one of the two orders which pop up randomly within his mind.

Think of it like a typical visual novel choice box. One day, In order to avoid choosing the option where he has to "fall from the sky wearing female clothes", he ends up choosing to have "a beautiful girl fall" on him. This happens immediately as a mysterious blonde girl named Chocolat falls right on top of him.

Just as you can see from this promotional video, we can expect a lot of fanservice and comedy from this anime series while I do not foresee any kind of drama coming out of this story.

The character design looks pretty good, but the animated scenes were so few that it's hard to predict what will happen with this series production quality.

As far as I can see, there are no famous seiyuu working on this project. We have many newcomers like Kaori Sadohara (Sandra from Mondaiji-tachi) in Chocolat's role, Yui Kondou (who is at her first important role in an anime series) in Furano Yukihira's role and many others.

NouKome

NouKome will start airing on 9 October 2013 and will occupy the relatively empty Wednesday slot, making it a good candidate for coverage on a weekly basis.

My coverage line-up for this season is still undecided as I'm waiting to watch the first episode of all the upcoming series in order to choose what to cover.

You will be able to check my schedule on the fall 2013 preview page when it is ready together with a compilation of all the preview I wrote.

NouKome

Concluding, NouKome looks like an entertaining anime series and I'm really looking forward to see the first episode.

9/18/2013 3:05:30 PM #

Is it just me or are the powers of the protagonists getting more and more random/interesting?

A must watch for me, the chaos we can expect from a show like this

Fukou da | 3658 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:08:22 PM #

Yeah, the powers are getting really strange, especially in this case. I mean, a visual novel choice box appearing over his head? *laughs*

I'm also curious about Chocolat's existence, was she created by the guy or what? Is she related with his powers? :O

Same here, hopefully I'll cover it too so we can talk about it together here. Really curious about which situations he will find himself into with that power...you?

*prepares the ranking sure that it'll match Fukou Da*

9/18/2013 3:19:59 PM #

Wonder what happens when all his options are terrible... *laughs*

She's probably related, but who knows if they're even gonna give us a serious plot. *looks at Nyaruko-san*

Hahah, Kaede seems pretty distressed about his powers. Though who can blame him if most of his choices are like the "fall from the sky in female clothes" *imagines the choice between meeting a yandere and getting locked in the lion's cage in a zoo* which would you pick?

*cries while glancing at three potential girls*

Fukou da | 3658 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:23:19 PM #

Poor boy...*laughs*

Well, let's see, even if I don't really forecast any kind of drama coming out of this series. Light-hearted for the win!

Ahahah, I would probably go with the "meeting a yandere". At least I would die "loved" by someone! You?

*evil smirk* The gray/white haired looks like my type already. Yours?

9/18/2013 3:31:36 PM #

*salutes his brother in misfortune*

*cheers*

I think I would take the lions... *looks at Touma's harem*

I can't really say for sure yet but I'm guessing the white haired one, the redhead and Chocolat. Not necessarily in that order...

Fukou da | 3658 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:33:25 PM #

Coward! Remember that your right hand doesn't work on them. Even if you defeated the Archangel Gabriel, you would just die directly against a lion...

*evil smirk* *winks to Fukou da*

9/18/2013 3:38:18 PM #

So... I should get mauled by the yandere for having a harem and by the harem for getting another girl?

...WHY?! why can't I escape?

Fukou da | 3658 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:40:53 PM #

Either way it's death for you! I would choose dying with my beloved girls, but I accept your resolve!

No one can escape...*shivers*

9/18/2013 3:43:45 PM #

*cries while hiding in a tree from the lions, the yandere and the harem* such misfortune...

*stares defeated at the rankings of past anime*

Fukou da | 3658 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/20/2013 11:33:56 AM #

Moriyama

Use your "sogebu" ability! It shall help you escape both but lose both, leading to not dying while saying "Fukou da!" >.<

Moriyama | 1025 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:54:31 PM #

9/18/2013 3:08:32 PM #

marthaurion

I thought we agreed we'd both avoid this show...we had a deal! Also, what's up with that music? Was painful...

marthaurion | 3941 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:09:25 PM #

Great, so you're ready to cover this series weekly together with me? Sounds like a deal, aren't you happy?

9/18/2013 3:13:27 PM #

marthaurion

but...my poor ears...they cant possibly handle this level of music

plus, you're the VN player, not me

marthaurion | 3941 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:14:37 PM #

I'm sure they won't use this music at all in the real deal. Let's start by covering it and then...we'll see? Deal? :O

...that's a matter of time...*evil smirk*

9/18/2013 3:17:07 PM #

marthaurion

...*suspects it is the opening theme*

as in "a lot of time has passed and I still haven't gotten anywhere close"? because that's all I've seen...

marthaurion | 3941 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:18:49 PM #

Let's not be so negative, shall we? What could possibly go wrong?

One day...One day...One day...*evil smirk*

9/18/2013 3:21:51 PM #

marthaurion

my negativity has done well for me so far...I have no reason to doubt it.

same day you start enjoying tragedy and horror

marthaurion | 3941 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:24:03 PM #

:O

*thinks about it* *thinks it may be a good deal to use against him*...

9/18/2013 3:29:55 PM #

marthaurion

up to you...

marthaurion | 3941 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 3:30:46 PM #

*shivers*

9/18/2013 5:21:59 PM #

marthaurion

I might be willing to agree if you were to agree to a little social experiment...allow me to provide two choices for your major decisions...would be interesting data, right?

marthaurion | 3941 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 5:58:43 PM #

I don't know why, but I feel like I should be scared of this request...*shivers*

9/23/2013 1:21:18 AM #

Hayasaki42

feal watching horror and tragedy? Hmmmm we could start with something easy like Shingeki no Kyoujin.........*imagines feal watching it* *evil smirk*

Hayasaki42 | 462 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/23/2013 7:49:19 AM #

*slowly backs away*

9/18/2013 4:35:07 PM #

Cytrus

Light novels compete for a narrow audience with many (outwardly) similar stories. What decides whether the reader will stick to the series is the writer's ability, but what decides whether the reader will even try a book out are the cover and the title. The writer can't affect the cover quality, so necessarily the fight moves over to the title.

In other mediums, the arms race of ever longer and more descriptive titles would eventually work against the books, since too long a title would normally make it awkward to discuss the work and take it seriously, but the otaku audience is unique in its tendency to give any series an original 4-mora nickname anyway - Haganai, Oreimo, Watamote... there are no length restrictions since the full title will only be used sparingly anyway.

Cytrus | 340 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 4:39:45 PM #

Still, we're getting out of hand here with these titles. You know the title is absurdly long when the writer itself refers to it officially with the short name Noukome. *laughs*

Haganai, Oreimo and Watamote were titles created by fans for convenience because the original title wasn't THAT long to begin with. This series on the other side...*looks at the 73 characters long title*

9/18/2013 4:49:22 PM #

Cytrus

I see Haganai's shortened title appear in official material, so I can only think it was made with the intention to be shortened, too.

Cytrus | 340 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 4:53:30 PM #

Yeah, you're right on that one. Found info that the abbreviation "Haganai" is defined in the author's afterword in the first light novel. :O

9/18/2013 4:36:48 PM #

Krelra

does sound interesting with the choice box.then again I like fantasy game related things like this so I could give this a shot.

I also like how you said Generic romantic comedy in the title =p

Krelra | 92 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

9/18/2013 4:41:17 PM #

I wonder what kind of orders will he get during the story...I'm afriad things won't be easy for him...*laughs*

9/18/2013 5:28:08 PM #

-blacksheep

I'm kind of looking forward to this series because of that VN choice box idea. hahaha. just imagine a life where you'll have to choose what to do next :3 it'll be funny if the choices are totally absurd.
btw, any thoughts of this turning into a harem somewhere along the run? I remember seeing a few girls in the key visual and a full set of girls in the character list..

-blacksheep | 23 Comments - starstar | Reply

9/18/2013 5:59:32 PM #

Exactly like with this poor guy's life. *nods*

Not sure how many girls there will be, but there's an high chance of this becoming quite crowded indeed...

9/19/2013 12:03:48 AM #

Shinon95

The main character's ability is pretty weird lol. This is on my watch list along with infinite stratos and little busters.

Shinon95 | 142 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

9/19/2013 7:44:05 AM #

Yay! Going to make a post over Little Busters's new season today. I can't wait for it too...*_*

9/19/2013 9:22:28 AM #

Moriyama

Who is your pre-season pick this season, Feal? My Furano is my waifu for this series ^.^

I'm actually interested in this protagonist's ability...think about! IF you could choose A or B, that means you have control of the situation (well, in a minor way). This is almost like an incomplete future-read ability. The flaw: if something embarassing is going to happen by the given choices (to be expected a lot in this series), then...well you'll know it will come and can't avoid it...

Moriyama | 1025 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/19/2013 9:31:45 AM #

Furano too...*prepares his trusted pitchfork*

Yeah, he's bound to be in some serious trouble because the choices available to him will likely be extremely embarrassing considering the light-hearted theme of the series...

So many great series to follow in this season...*_*

9/20/2013 11:23:01 AM #

Moriyama

No please no pitchforks. That was two seasons ago. This season, we are using...Harisen for all the tsukkomi!!

Well, we haven't seen enough protagonist face awkward situations have we? Only this time, the protagonist has a choice which to chose, where before, the protagonist just had to face it...

What do you mean "this" season? Every season is great!! There is always at least 5 series per season that I wait for, and I usually watch 20 series per season that are at least good on my list...!

Moriyama | 1025 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/23/2013 7:50:10 AM #

*goes to the Harisen shop*

Well, they can simply give him two absurd situation and the choice would be meaningless for the poor guy...

*cheers*

9/19/2013 10:29:00 AM #

Crazycolorz5

"relatively empty Wednesday spot"
Somehow, this season, half the shows I chose to follow air on Wednesday O.o. And about another 1/3 on tuesday.

Crazycolorz5 | 32 Comments - starstar | Reply

9/19/2013 10:31:51 AM #

Are you sure? Because on Wednesday (Japanese times) the only series airing this season are Tamayura and Free while on Tuesday we only have BROTHERS CONFLICT, Senyuu and Gifuu Doudou.

That would mean you are watching four series?

9/19/2013 10:40:45 AM #

Crazycolorz5

I meant next season. Not this season.

Crazycolorz5 | 32 Comments - starstar | Reply

9/19/2013 10:47:17 AM #

Oh you meant next season. Let me check on my list...

I have in my to-check list (not sure what to cover yet) :

1) Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Monday)
2) Tokyo Ravens (Tuesday)
3) Kyoukai no Kanata (Wednesday)
4) Noukome (Wednesday)
5) Galilei Donna (Thursday)
6) Infinite Stratos 2 (Thursday)
7) Golden Time (Thursday)
8) Nagi no Asukara (Thursday)
9) Strike the Blood (Friday)
10) Little Busters Refrain (Saturday)
11) Monogatari (Saturday) (continuation from last season)
12) Yozakura Quartet (Sunday)

So Thursday is the busiest day of this season, but wednesday isn't so bad with two series already.

9/20/2013 11:20:23 AM #

Moriyama

Always and always, Thursday thru Sunday are the much busier schedules. But it's good since most people are free on those days, of course unless they have work to do on those days (me included; I stay up a bit late to see them ASAP).

Moriyama | 1025 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

9/20/2013 11:22:41 AM #

*nods*, Thursday is always a nightmare every season, even if I don't really watch them the day they air.

9/19/2013 10:46:28 AM #

Crazycolorz5

*also meant Wednesday and Thursday, not Wed and Tues.

Crazycolorz5 | 32 Comments - starstar | Reply

9/19/2013 10:47:45 AM #

Yeah, if you check my other comment Thursday is my busiest day by far and wide.

10/24/2013 7:43:58 AM #

Sakumashiki

Episode 3 was very interesting!!
I couldn't stop laughing!
It might be my best of anime on this season..

By the way, this animation stage is Mito-city.
In honor to same stage of "Girls und Pantzer",
Episode 3 title became "Girls and Panchira(Showing Underwear)"? XD

Sakumashiki | 228 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

10/24/2013 8:58:47 AM #

*nods* it's turning out to be very entertaining!

Harvest OverRay - I knew this was bound to happen...*laughs*
Harvest OverRay - I knew this was bound to happen...*laughs*
Harvest OverRay - Shes searching for trouble. Maybe I should hide in the mountains...
Harvest OverRay - Dont worry Komachi, this is not something to be ashamed of...*nods*
Harvest OverRay - Ahahah, but I have to do this! Im the protagonist!
Harvest OverRay - Ahahah, but I have to do this! Im the protagonist!
Harvest OverRay - Well, not really. You?
Harvest OverRay - Well, not really. You?
Harvest OverRay - Im starting to think that Komachi had different reasons to enter this shop...
Harvest OverRay - Finally we completed these three key items...
Harvest OverRay - Finally we completed these three key items...

SilverSilver