Announcement Fate/Stay Night - Remake announced! Yes, Ufotable is ready to roll! - Announcement

Fate/Stay Night - Remake announced! Yes, Ufotable is ready to roll!

Announcement 12. July 2013 17:19

Today we'll temporarily stop the regular coverage of the summer season 2013 for a newsflash on the popular anime series Fate/Stay Night that I just got from a reader of this blog.

It looks like ufotable (the same studio that animated Fate / Zero) is now producing a remake of the original anime series focusing on the Heaven's Feel route.

This is probably the news that a lot of people were waiting for many years and it's really nice to know that our plea was finally heard.

Fate Stay Night

In the image just down this text, you can see the tweets related to the announcement with some comment by other users related to the anime industry.

One user (Taki_s1217) is mentioning how the promotional video seems to be focused to the much awaited Heaven's Feel route of the original visual novel.

Fate Stay Night

Fate Stay Night

The Heaven's Feel route is really different from anything we've seen so far in the other two adaptations, because it focus on Sakura and her path to madness after losing to the Graal's corrupt influence.

There is much to look forward, especially in terms of personality changes in Shirou and I'm sure that ufotable will be able to deliver a great anime series like they've done in Fate/Zero.

Fate Stay Night

Concluding, I'm really looking forward to this new adaptation of Fate Stay night and I'm certain to cover it regularly in this blog.

EDIT : Ufotable officially confirmed the announcement of a new anime series on Fate/Stay Night!

Fate Stay Night

7/12/2013 5:32:47 PM #

marthaurion

haven't we suffered enough?

marthaurion | 5153 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 5:33:55 PM #

More my friend! We need MOAR!

Do you know that Heaven's Feel is probably the route you'll like more? Death at every corner, blood, suffering! Isn't it great?

7/12/2013 5:34:43 PM #

marthaurion

no...because you're way too excited about it

marthaurion | 5153 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 5:35:28 PM #

What could possibly go wrong? Fate has always been a dark series right? You should feel at home right? *evil smirk*

7/12/2013 5:36:41 PM #

marthaurion

way too suspicious

marthaurion | 5153 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 5:37:51 PM #

*maniacal laugh*

7/12/2013 5:40:47 PM #

marthaurion

as usual, I may be convinced to approach it...for a price

marthaurion | 5153 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 5:42:58 PM #

*shivers* the law of equal exchange is terrifying...

7/12/2013 5:52:38 PM #

marthaurion

I've always been fair, I know

marthaurion | 5153 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 5:55:21 PM #

*looks away*

8/2/2013 4:15:31 PM #

Tamid Tazwar Khan

we wanna see a new sequel season of fate stay night where there is a happy ending of shirou and saber.

Tamid Tazwar Khan | 1 Comments | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 5:43:05 PM #

Keiri

Well, thank gott it isn't Studio DEEN again. That first series was a disaster. ufotable is definitely the right folks to pick HF up.

Keiri | 94 Comments - starstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 5:47:37 PM #

Yes, that mesh-up of stories was really problematic. With UFOTable on the project I feel reassured that we'll get a great anime series.

Hopefully without dragons this time...

7/13/2013 12:45:06 AM #

asdfghjkl

there is always dolphin in case you didn't liked the dragon...

asdfghjkl | 1268 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/13/2013 7:37:16 AM #

*shivers* stop remembering me about it...

7/12/2013 5:47:21 PM #

chikorita157

I only watch a few episodes of this when it was animated by Deen and the animation is pretty bad when compared to when I watched Fate/zero in 2011-2012. Hopefully it will be a marginal improvement whenever it starts airing.

chikorita157 | 334 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 5:49:08 PM #

YES! That's the hope man! *looks forward to it*

7/12/2013 6:03:24 PM #

Azriyel

I wonder which ending there gonna use , it would be fun if they go for " Mind of Steel "

Azriyel | 47 Comments - starstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 6:04:29 PM #

Not sure to be honest, but probably the good ending isn't it?

7/12/2013 7:37:50 PM #

Azriyel

The one were
Spoiler: Show
Shirou kill Sakura

Azriyel | 47 Comments - starstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 7:39:18 PM #

*shakes head* I doubt they'll go for the bad end really...

7/12/2013 8:03:06 PM #

Wieselhead

Really, really?

That sounds pretty good, never thought this would happen ^^

Wieselhead | 951 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 8:06:25 PM #

*high five*!
Yes, we finally got what we requested! A new adaptation of Fate Stay Night! *_*

7/12/2013 8:18:25 PM #

Cytrus

An obvious way to milk more money from this franchise. Good for them that they managed to get things moving before the hype around this dies.

The adaptation of fate/zero left much to be desired, but of course the gripes I had were addressed more at Aoki Ei than ufotable as a whole. Well, Heaven's Feel is messed up as is, so concentrating on the flashy fights might actually be beneficial to this part of the franchise... HF does have many of the best character fanservice scenes, since basically all the human characters reach or display new levels of power here (Shirou, Rin, Sakura, Kirei).

Cytrus | 453 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 8:21:21 PM #

Agreed, but still I think that this could prove certainly better compared to the apocalyptic original adaptation from DEEN many years ago.

I read the visual novel years ago and I think Heaven's feel is probably the only route where Shirou is bearable...*facepalm*

Fate/Zero was a good anime in my eyes, but I haven't read the novels so I can't really mark a comparison between the two. Is it that different compared to the light novel?

7/12/2013 9:50:49 PM #

Cytrus

Don't know about you, but I often found the original visual novel boring whenever the servants weren't going at each other. F/SN was mostly about the supernatural action.

Fate/zero, on the other hand, was more about the reasons characters had for acting than their actions - it often got into long (but good) internal monologues revealing the characters' thoughts and motivations. I know that's exactly the stuff that is hardest to adapt into anime form, but cutting it all out isn't a sound solution, either...

At one point, for example, Kirei states he cannot accept how Kiritsugu can "know love, yet not cherish it above all else". I felt the characters were misrepresented when stuff like that didn't make the cut.

Cytrus | 453 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 9:55:12 PM #

Truth to be said, I quite liked the visual novel (especially for the battles like you said), but I was really cringing during the moments where Shirou was doing its trademarked "go back to the kitchen" behavior.

Well, I probably have to read the novel to be able to understand your point at 100%. I liked the anime of Fate/Zero, but without reading the novel I can't make a comparison.

7/12/2013 9:12:56 PM #

clazy

YESSS!!! Heaven's feel is definitely the most badass Shirou. I can't wait.

clazy | 1 Comments | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 9:14:13 PM #

*cheers* Finally a Shirou that I may actually like...

7/13/2013 12:54:17 PM #

noddwyd

So, similar to Unlimited BW Shirou?  Badass how?  I don't have access to the VN

noddwyd | 1 Comments | Reply | Parent |

7/13/2013 12:55:55 PM #

Let's just say that in one of the "bad ends" he fights and win against Saber alone in a one-to-one serious fight. Does that sound badass?

7/12/2013 9:52:23 PM #

asdfghjkl

you know,after the incredible amount of title with the intention of using the name and fame the franchise has build up(illya and fate extra),i am quite happy to see this one.i mean the last fate/stay night was terrible compare to fate zero,hopefully they can implement the quality of the fate zero here.

of course as excited as i am for this,my few main gripe is the fact that it's going to be focused on the heaven feel(if the user is correct about his hypothesis).now i don't mind heaven feel(as it shows some good moment for shiro) but i really do prefer the other route...but of course i am in the minority in this one(considering a lot of people liked heaven feel)so this probably isn't a problem or anything.

off topic matter:you know what would be great after this?fate/apocrypha as an anime,that thing have 14 servant or more and really i am a sucker for the servant,myth, and their battle

asdfghjkl | 1268 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 9:56:44 PM #

*cheers for Fate/Stay Night* I can't ask for more than this.

The other routes already had an adaptation so it's unlikely for them to be adapted again. I'm heavily leaning toward Heaven's feel here...

Let's wait and see as it'll take quite some time before this series get actually aired in TV.

7/12/2013 11:21:23 PM #

I'm aliiiiive! And I return to some of the best news I've seen in a long time, life is good!

Fukou da | 6086 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 11:22:14 PM #

Ahahah, definitely you're back right at the best moment of anime in the recent years. Are you ready for more awesome Rin action?

7/12/2013 11:30:35 PM #

I were born ready

Though I'm guessing there's still a year or so until we finally set our eyes on the first episode. Still, it will be worth every second!

Fukou da | 6086 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 11:32:09 PM #

*cheers for Rin*

We have a lot of other series to talk about during this period of wait. Hopefully we'll get some other nice announcement in the near future for Mondaiji, Hataraku Maousama and other series...

7/12/2013 11:35:07 PM #

Agreed

Fukou da | 6086 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 11:38:52 PM #

7/12/2013 11:47:59 PM #

d3vileye

If Hataraku Maosama gets a second season ill really be in Heaven  for real that will be the cherry on top so to speak ^^.

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 11:23:26 PM #

d3vileye

KAMISAMA ARIGATOOO!! GOD i have been waiting so long for this god im glad im alive pff soo much good things are picking up again LOL so much good stuf coming out arent you excited as i am well maybe not as much as me but at least close
?
I'm like YEA from the inside at the moment for real ^^ i love Japan need to learn how to read and talk in japan language but will be really hard to do so iv heard

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 11:24:30 PM #

YAY! Finally some good news about the anime scene! *_*

It's not really hard, it just requires a lot of practice due to the entirely new alphabet that you need to learn.

7/12/2013 11:35:48 PM #

d3vileye

Bad thing is i come in here to see if there is something new just before i go to bed now i see this and am like ok calm down drink some cold water go to bed and right afther how the hell can i go to bed now who am i fooling here -.-.
Still great news really locking forward to it and if doesnt come out in the at least year to come " evil look " if you know what i mean ^^.
And yea i mean im good with learning different languages but thing is in my country and in my city there isnt a place to learn japan only 1 place in a other town i think and its really hard to get in there to learn it witch really sucks....

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 11:40:52 PM #

d3vileye

And something off topic: Does anyone know why Naruto Shippuden didnt come out this week are they planing on making 2 episodes for the next week or are they just late with it as usual -.- and right at the good part of it.
If anyone knows and haves info will be really graetfull if you say a little something on it tnx in advance.

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 11:42:02 PM #

No idea, I don't follow it.

7/12/2013 11:41:11 PM #

Ahahah, I can relate with your feeling as it was quite a shocking news for me as well. *_*

You can try to learn by yourself, that's how I learned it after all.

7/12/2013 11:44:26 PM #

d3vileye

Yea i can try to learn it by myself but i wont really know if i say the words correctly or wright it how it should be dunno will try it out a my dads friend's daughter knows it when she comes back from the US i my ask for a bit of lessons just to get started and really see if i have what it takes to learn it or not ^^

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/12/2013 11:24:29 PM #

Ryanbighead

Ryanbighead | 70 Comments - starstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/12/2013 11:24:51 PM #

Ahahahah, totally!

7/13/2013 12:56:23 AM #

sonicsenryaku

Wow, i've been saying for a while that after the success of fate/zero, ufotable would do a remake of fate/stay night to wash away the taste of the original...i had no idea how right i would be.

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/13/2013 6:25:48 AM #

Yeah man, I wasn't expecting this. I totally wasn't...

7/13/2013 8:24:55 AM #

sonicsenryaku

Im right with you one the level of surprise

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply | Parent |

7/13/2013 8:25:45 AM #

Now we just need to know the season when this will air...

7/13/2013 2:18:38 AM #

SparkNorkx

Anime News Network stated it's not confirmed whether it'll be a remake or not. The studio didn't release the details just yet about the project.

Either way, I'm still definitely looking forward for it.

SparkNorkx | 519 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/13/2013 6:25:27 AM #

As I said, many people who were at the screening confirmed that the promotional video looked like Heaven's feel, but yes until we get a confirmation...

7/13/2013 6:40:12 AM #

kou

I wonder if it will end as epically with a glowing naked man on a pile of rubble?

kou | 14 Comments - star | Reply Parent |

7/13/2013 6:41:38 AM #

Where is Shion? *cries*

I hope not, Gilgamesh got its time to shine. Now we need Saber in the same situation...

7/13/2013 7:29:46 AM #

styryder

Personally hope for UBW route instead. Man, they need to fix Shiro's reputation ASAP.

styryder | 243 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/13/2013 7:31:43 AM #

"Woman, go back to the kitchen!". I doubt anything can fix that part of his personality that is now ingrained in our hearts...

7/13/2013 7:48:10 AM #

asdfghjk

you know the irony of all this,is that considering saber is more useful and powerful than he is,it should be saber that shout "shiro,go back to the kitchen!"...

asdfghjk | 4 Comments | Reply | Parent |

7/13/2013 7:49:43 AM #

Yep, that's the problem. He doesn't understand that...*facepalm*

7/13/2013 5:48:11 PM #

GeloMelo

Not all that familiar with Fate/Stay Night or really anything Type Moon (haven't even bothered to watch Fate/Zero...). But I might watch this if they make it accessible to newcommers like myself~

GeloMelo | 1 Comments | Reply Parent |

7/13/2013 5:50:18 PM #

That's nice to hear! It's a good franchise so you'll enjoy it for sure!

7/13/2013 8:30:47 PM #

Kurisu

Saber<3

Kurisu | 315 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/13/2013 8:39:08 PM #

7/15/2013 9:41:27 AM #

Leap250

ufotable adapting Heaven's Feel, arguably the darkest route in F/SN = best of the season, no the year even. Hopefully we get more news on this soon.

Leap250 | 330 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

7/15/2013 9:45:09 AM #

Yeah, the only problem is that we will need to wait at least another year before getting it. *cries*

9/10/2013 4:41:52 PM #

Sakumashiki

Follow-up report(by Animation Magazine).
There is no announcement about Broadcast Date.
Visual level is good, I think.

ttp://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18576.html

Sakumashiki | 228 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

9/10/2013 4:42:54 PM #

*high five* It looks great indeed. Can't wait for it...*_*

10/31/2013 6:42:25 PM #

Ikamato

Heaven's Feel ... I really really wish that they don't do it like Studio DEEN and just cut the H-scenes / remove them completely since especially in HF they have a very big meaning. (VN readers will know what I mean)

Regardless of that, ufotable has proven that they are one of the best animation studios in Japan (my opinion) and did a really great job with Fate/Zero *_*

All I'm now waiting for is the release date, I hope it comes ~Sommer / Fall Season 2014 ...

Ikamato | 2 Comments | Reply Parent |

10/31/2013 6:47:16 PM #

I know what you mean, but I don't see how those will work out in a TV anime series. I know that we had exceptions like Yosuga no Sora in the past, but...*wonder*

Agreed, if they keep the same level we're in for some entertaining moments. *nods*

Still nothing certain, but I would hope as soon as possible.

11/2/2013 2:06:14 PM #

Ikamato

Well, at least I hope they don't make it like DEEN ... I mean replacing such scenes with animals? There once was a theory of blood sucking / making Sakura some kind of vampire to get what she needs ... In my opinion that would be better than animals xD

ufotable always needed quite a time for their projects and they also release the 8th Kara no Kyoukai movie soon, I bet some time after this we get an announcement.

Ikamato | 2 Comments | Reply | Parent |

11/2/2013 2:09:50 PM #

Yeah, that would be definitely better than CG dragons, CG dolphins and stuff...*laughs*

As long as they deliver good content I don't mind a bit of wait.

12/27/2013 4:47:07 PM #

Sakumashiki

The full report will be published in the magazine released January 30, 2014.

HP
PV

Sakumashiki | 228 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply Parent |

12/27/2013 5:26:22 PM #

Thanks for the info, made a new article about it!

feal87 | Reply | Parent |

Hanasaki Work Spring - Its not my fault! Gravity is the real culprit!
Hanasaki Work Spring - Its not my fault! Gravity is the real culprit!
Hanasaki Work Spring - You shouldve just said so. Theres nothing wrong with it...
Hanasaki Work Spring - Lets marry then! Im ok with it!
Hanasaki Work Spring - Lets marry then! Im ok with it!
Hanasaki Work Spring - Youre the best girl of this game! *cheers*
Hanasaki Work Spring - Youre the best girl of this game! *cheers*
Hanasaki Work Spring - Seriously, how can you be this cute?!
Hanasaki Work Spring - Seriously, how can you be this cute?!
Hanasaki Work Spring - I want to know that too! Thats one of the mysteries of this world!
Hanasaki Work Spring - Youre extremely cute, thats for sure!
Hanasaki Work Spring - Youre extremely cute, thats for sure!

Sword Art NatsuSword Art Natsu