Episode : 13 Hataraku Maou-sama - Second season? What a cute ending! - Episode 13

Hataraku Maou-sama - Second season? What a cute ending!

Episode : 13 2. July 2013 19:03

Today we'll talk about the final episode (13th) of the spring season 2013 anime series Hataraku Maou-sama that concludes the story with a light hearted comedy episode.

Yes, just as expected the story ended without twists and left everything completely open for a second season to be produced in the future.

Sadao and Ashiya are still powerless and all the girls (Suzuno, Chiho and Emi) can't live without helping Sadao at least once or twice a day.

Hataraku Maou-sama

Suzuno got tamed quite easily after Sadao defeated Sariel and is now behaving like a gentle neighbour/friend. I wonder if she's already in love with Sadao or not...

She could become a tough opponent for Chiho in the romantic race, especially considering her great personality and looks...

I have to say that this is really a nice way to end the series, by showing a slightly changed Emi giving an umbrella to Sadao.

Emi still isn't completely convinced about Sadao's new personality, but she's already feeling different while standing around him.

The only missing point to completely trust Sadao is to discover the truth behind her father's death. I'm speculating that the Church may be involved into that incident...

Hataraku Maou-sama

With over 11.000 BD/DVD copies sold for the first volume, Hataraku Maou-sama is turning out to be a very successfull anime series.

This leaves us plenty of chances for a second season to be produced in the near future, even if there is still no official announcement.

There is a rumour going around in these days that the second season is in production already, but I can confirm that nothing official is still announced as of today (02/07/2013).

Hataraku Maou-sama

Concluding, Hataraku Maou-sama was a surprise hit of this spring 2013 anime season. I would really like to see a second season for it in the future...

Visual Points : 900/1000 (Good character design with wonderful animations)

Audio Points : 890/1000 (I loved pretty much all the songs featured in this anime)

Story Points : 870/1000 (There's still so much to explore!)

Entertainment Points : 895/1000 (It was really an entertaining anime series. A great mix of comedy, fanservice and action.)

Characters Points : 895/1000 (Chiho! Emi! Suzuno! *hugs*)

Final Points : 8.82/10

The series is ranked 13th over 204 series in my rankings (Updated to 02/07/2013 19:04)

7/2/2013 7:39:34 PM #

d3vileye

I have to agree the ending left a lot of open spots for a second season to fill and seeing that its selling really good the hopes of a second season are good as you said one thing i dont think the church is all to blame for the incident where Sadao's army killed and destroyed Emi's home land.
Well i am shure that they have a part in this but i dont think Sadao will somewhat bend down and work for them if thats what you meant he is not that tipe of a character he had his own reasons if you ask me but over all a good series that had a lot of action comedy and a bit of drama into it.

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

7/2/2013 8:12:26 PM #

We don't know ANYTHING about Maou's life in Ente Isla so anything is possible and considering what were the Church's actions in the last couple of episodes...

7/3/2013 12:41:26 AM #

Exodus04

agree agree... there's waaaaaaaay too much opening for 2nd season... we never know the background of Maou and his crony, and i think everyone here eager to know the reason he do such a thing on Ente Isla

Exodus04 | 122 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

7/3/2013 12:46:46 AM #

Yes, I don't think he could change that drastically just by living on Earth. There must be something else, don't you think so?

7/2/2013 8:09:34 PM #

Gelo-Melo

I don't just want a second season, I DEMAND a second season. This was definately my favorite show of the season. IMO Maousama had some of the best characters of the season. They were so much fun to watch!
I'll probably start reading the manga even though it's pretty behind. Last I checked the scanlated manga is somewhere around episode 5 of the anime (the raws are much further along).

Gelo-Melo | 17 Comments - star | Reply

7/2/2013 8:13:33 PM #

I bought both adaptation of the manga some days ago. Just a couple of days and I'll start reading like you! We DEMAND A SECOND SEASON!

7/2/2013 8:25:12 PM #

d3vileye

YES thats right comrades no one simple whants something we have to DEMAND IT.If you demand something you get it keep it up and lest hope our DEMANDS ARE HEARD!

d3vileye | 148 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

7/2/2013 8:39:25 PM #

*cheers* *raises pitchfork*

7/4/2013 5:22:42 AM #

Silver

*Joins
*raises pitchfork

Silver | 516 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/4/2013 8:33:23 AM #

*cheers* Welcome to the war Silver!

8/6/2013 9:31:41 PM #

james1849

*raises torch* now we can mob at night too

james1849 | 1 Comments | Reply

8/6/2013 9:33:06 PM #

*cheers* A new comrade is with us!

8/7/2013 7:18:14 PM #

xDarKx28

*joins
*unsheathe sword*
*wears on armor*

xDarKx28 | 1 Comments | Reply

1/11/2014 6:39:36 PM #

A Demons Acquaintance

it would be *Equip Armour*

A Demons Acquaintance | 1 Comments | Reply

8/7/2013 8:04:50 PM #

More comrades! We can win this war! *cheers*

7/3/2013 3:47:52 AM #

SparkNorkx

I loved that series. I really hope 2nd season comes out....

SparkNorkx | 514 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/3/2013 9:26:00 AM #

*nods* same here man!

7/13/2013 4:09:52 PM #

asher

yahooo 2nd seasone pls come out go silver war

asher | 1 Comments | Reply

7/13/2013 5:05:01 PM #

*hopes*

7/3/2013 5:47:33 AM #

Now then, should I wait for the second season or start reading the novels?

11 000? Now that's impressive!

Fukou da | 3398 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/3/2013 9:27:00 AM #

That's the question man, I'm buying the spin-off manga as a start. Why don't you start with that as well?

YES! It's probably the most popular series between those that I covered in this season (except maybe Railgun). Isn't this wonderful for the second season possibilities? *_*

7/3/2013 9:37:49 AM #

So it got a manga too huh, good idea

It's incredible yeah and I'd love for this to get a season 2. But I'm both expecting and hoping for Railgun to get more sales

Fukou da | 3398 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/3/2013 9:43:45 AM #

Two different mangas! One is faithful to the story and another is just a comedy spin-off in HIGH SCHOOL. I'm going to start with it tomorrow I think...

Ahahah, but a third season of Railgun will require a lot of time to produce unfortunately (first we need third season of Index).

7/3/2013 10:31:10 AM #

This group in high school? Oh god the potential!

Fukou da | 3398 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/3/2013 10:32:39 AM #

Can you imagine Emi in a high school uniform? I can't wait to see her...*laughs*

7/3/2013 9:45:31 AM #

Solar

I agree! That umbrella scene was absolutely perfect.

I'm pretty sad that the 1st season never went deep into the Church's internal affairs, so a second season sounds pretty nice...

Solar | 15 Comments - star | Reply

7/3/2013 9:47:25 AM #

*nods* very fitting for an ending...*_*

Yep, I really want to know what exactly was Maou's personality in Ente Isla. Did he really order Emi's father death? I'm doubtful...

7/3/2013 4:37:26 PM #

Solar

More conspiracies to reveal! O:

Solar | 15 Comments - star | Reply

7/3/2013 4:38:53 PM #

The church is EVIL! EVIL I SAY!

7/13/2013 6:24:19 PM #

sonicsenryaku

Im guessing the church had ordered the death of Emi's father so they could use her anger as a way to coerce her to work for them. Dont you find it fishy that the church members came to get Emi at just the "right time?"

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/13/2013 6:25:46 PM #

Yeah, that was my whole idea, but until they give us the confirmation...
That would be the last step required for Emi to fall in love with Maou and make the strongest couple in the universe...

7/3/2013 12:23:39 PM #

Wieselhead

A great end scene, I wish more animes would do it like this instead of "direct cut"

This show was a surprising hit for me, I never know it would be that good.
The unusual setting was a great way to start.The beam torturing of Emi aside it was a light hearted show, but also a good amount of tension was there.

Characters and Comedy were also good points of this show, I loved it and Chiho of course ^^ One day your love will be valued.

Wieselhead | 786 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/3/2013 12:57:33 PM #

*nods* It was really a great scene!

I wasn't expecting this series to turn out to be this good. It's refreshing indeed...

Ahahah, I wonder if that's possible...especially considering how dense is this demon lord.

7/4/2013 6:01:35 PM #

AdamEve

It was a masterfully done final first season ending, nice pace and just the right touch to it all. I heard that at the end of the live Broadcast in Tokyo they said that Season 2 is already in production. I am certainly eager for it, and love this series a lot. Well done all around.

AdamEve | 559 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

7/4/2013 6:02:24 PM #

Nope, there is no announcement as of today. It's a fake news put around by some bored guy.

7/8/2013 10:48:35 AM #

Todoroki

What a nice series! I hope they make a second season! I am wondering if Emi will start to compete against Chiho for Maou? I really liked all the girls from this especially Suzuno. That "Ahn" moment with the food was too adorable!

Todoroki | 72 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

7/8/2013 10:53:54 AM #

I'm sure that all three of them will eventually start to compete romantically for Maou's heart.

*hugs Suzuno* She's so cute and innocent! *_*

7/15/2013 2:38:14 AM #

HE8

there must be a second season!! *raising the overlord flag* let the people sing out their affection towards the characters, the comedy and the overall greatness of the show! IS ANYONE WITH ME??

HE8 | 1 Comments | Reply

7/15/2013 8:44:21 AM #

Comrade! I stand by your side, together we shall obtain a second season! To war! *__*

7/18/2013 9:58:41 PM #

_AFZ_

I can't wait for the season 2 of this anime. Its been my favorite this season..

I wonder when will season 2 be coming?

_AFZ_ | 1 Comments | Reply

7/18/2013 10:04:01 PM #

Well, we still don't know when this will happen, but stick around with us (facebook page I created last week, twitter or just subscribe to the RSS) and I'll be sure to make an article whenever the announcement will come out.

7/26/2013 2:55:14 PM #

kaito

it is not a surprise that this is popular which this story is very unique in a sense way and good character development.

kaito | 1 Comments | Reply

7/26/2013 3:14:38 PM #

Agreed, the series did very well in the DVD/BD sales so I wouldn't be surprised if they announce a new season soon.

7/29/2013 12:36:07 PM #

Karen Comiling

Oh my Giii...i demand season 2..i hope mao and yusa's love story will improve..or like emphasize..for a little bit..I love this ANIME!

Karen Comiling | 2 Comments | Reply

7/29/2013 12:38:46 PM #

We're all waiting for the announcement of a second season.

Either keep an eye on this page or subscribe to Facebook/Twitter to get the news as soon as its released. ;)

7/29/2013 2:55:53 PM #

Karen Comiling

ya..i hope the otakus around the world will have a petition for the second season of this anime..i really2x love this anime..this kind of anime only appears once in 4 seasons..trully love this.! and i hope 2nd season would have 20+ episodes or more..!

Karen Comiling | 2 Comments | Reply

7/29/2013 2:59:44 PM #

They already did a good job by buying the BD/DVDs. The sales are extremely good, so I think there are good chances for a new season soon...

8/1/2013 4:56:17 AM #

makavelli

second season must happen, but chiho needs to go, she doesn't belong in this anime..

makavelli | 1 Comments | Reply

8/1/2013 8:36:34 AM #

I believe she's needed to be honest. She's one of the links of Maou to Earth. Without her it would become far more easy for him to go back to Ente Isla after recovering his powers.

8/2/2013 2:38:44 PM #

happyguy123

Great Anime. Season 2 is a must. MUST. MMMMMUUUUSSSTTTT....(needs more chiho)

Spring 2013 was definitely awesome. DAL, Maou-sama, SnK, Railgun S, and so much more.

happyguy123 | 15 Comments - star | Reply

8/2/2013 2:40:37 PM #

Totally, let's keep hope. Sooner or later the announcement will come in and I'll be sure to make a post about it...

8/4/2013 6:53:14 PM #

Neko sama

I dont know actually. dont get exited about this to much i mean, if ya have seen Hagure Yuusha no Estetica u would understand what i talk about

Neko sama | 1 Comments | Reply

8/4/2013 6:58:32 PM #

Hagura Yuusha no Estetica is completely a different series compared to this. I don't even know what could possibly link a pure-fanservice series like Hagure Yuusha to this...

8/11/2013 11:17:47 PM #

Sakumashiki

This photos is sold in Comiket.
Fourth photo is VIEWER WARNING!!
...Sakumashiki is fainted.

yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17976.html

Sakumashiki | 228 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/11/2013 11:19:17 PM #

MY EYES! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!

8/18/2013 2:45:22 PM #

infinityface96

Who is the LandLady? How does she know so much about Ente Isla?

infinityface96 | 1 Comments | Reply

8/18/2013 3:17:27 PM #

Well, that's the question that we all have...

10/29/2013 8:29:05 PM #

Sadao80

I think it would be funny if the landlady is a demon from Ente Isla. (Because of the fact that she is joking whit them and because of her looks.
Maybe the church has let Emi's father bekilt during the fight to put the blam on the demon's.
And it can be that they dit that because they were afraid that he could call the mother of Emi (a angel) if emi would become to popular and they would try to kill her.
Maybe it would be that when Sadao goes back Chiho wil go with them.
I think Sodao was somehow forced to start that war but tried to stop it to lose the war (on purchase. of coarse ).
I really want to now what you are thiking of what i said.
I am sorry for my bad typing but my English is very bad except my reading en listening.

Sadao80 | 3 Comments | Reply

10/29/2013 8:32:09 PM #

She could be considering that she knows too much about both Emi and Sadao. Still nothing is certain...

That's something possible considering the actions of the church during this first anime season.

Don't worry about your English. ;)

10/29/2013 8:58:53 PM #

Sadao80

I think this because it is strangs that Sadao never tied to kil Emi when she was jong and he must have heart some rumours.
and if he would have called.all of his troops and his three general's (after the first one was death) and go whit them to defeated Emi. and the fact that he had many times the possible to kill her but didn't.

Sadao80 | 3 Comments | Reply

10/29/2013 9:00:00 PM #

Yeah, there's something strange and hopefully they'll explain that in a future second season. We still don't have any announcement though...

10/29/2013 9:06:37 PM #

Sadao80

Come to think about it how old is Sadao is he not to old to start a relationship white those girl's. Because he start the war.
what also a posebiletie is that the demob king before him started the war and died.

Sadao80 | 3 Comments | Reply

10/29/2013 9:07:46 PM #

We don't really know much about their age really...*laughs*

3/31/2014 4:43:52 PM #

big fan

i want season 2 pls do more its so beautiful

big fan | 3 Comments | Reply

5/27/2014 10:01:53 AM #

I would love to get a second season too...*nods*

4/10/2014 3:23:32 PM #

xxJuiceboxx1

Do you have any news for season 2?

xxJuiceboxx1 | 1 Comments | Reply

5/27/2014 10:01:42 AM #

Still no official information

6/23/2014 4:45:41 PM #

NormalGUY

Please can you refer to this website and tell me that is the second season upcoming and is this a official confirmation for the second season...

NormalGUY | 2 Comments | Reply

6/24/2014 10:08:23 AM #

That website is just a spam one.

6/24/2014 10:58:09 AM #

NormalGUY

So please contact me on this email address if you get any official confirmation_/\_

NormalGUY | 2 Comments | Reply

5/27/2014 8:50:21 AM #

Chiero-san

I think there would be a love triangle conflict in season 2 :p

Chiero-san | 1 Comments | Reply

5/27/2014 10:01:35 AM #

Extremely possible considering that there are already three girls going for him...

6/23/2014 10:09:07 AM #

jojo93

Hi! Yepp.. there should be a season 2 coming soon.
Can't wait for it though!!

The Light novels for all the existing vols. (in chinese) are out (though sadly the English ones aren't available yet)

<WARNING> Major spoiler ahead!!<WARNING>

Spoiler: Show

Emi's Dad didn't die.. he's alive and somewhere in Earth as well
Don't think that there will be a '3-girls-1-guy' love triangle but perhaps more of a '2-girl-1-guy' triangle as Emi unknowingly starts to show less resistance
towards Maou after knowing that her Dad's still alive.

jojo93 | 1 Comments | Reply

6/24/2014 10:07:42 AM #

Good news in your spoilers! Can't wait to see how Emi's character will change...

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Konami, are you going to declare your love for me?!
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - This is heaven! Im sure of it! *nods*
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - This is heaven! Im sure of it! *nods*
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - How could I possibly be sleepy in this situation?
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Konami is really a sweet character...
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Konami is really a sweet character...
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Youre a good girl! *pats her head*
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Youre a good girl! *pats her head*
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Dont underestimate my little sister! *laughs*
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Dont underestimate my little sister! *laughs*
Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki - Thats a great costume! I wasnt expecting you to wear it though...

TupTupTupTup