Episode : 06 Date A Live - Onsen episode? Kotori, that was a dangerous battle... - Episode 06

Date A Live - Onsen episode? Kotori, that was a dangerous battle...

Episode : 06 12. May 2013 16:48

Let's talk about the sixth episode of the spring season 2013 anime series Date A Live that delivers one of the most amusing "hot springs" episode of the recent anime history.

I was expecting the focus to be on some relaxed fanservice scene, but they really managed to surprise me with the many wacky battle scenes around the city with the AST team as main focus.

It was really funny to see how Origami and Ryouko were trying hard together to reach the hot springs, even if for different reasons. Quite an unlucky day for the poor all-girls AST team...

Date A Live

Kotori is turning out to be a very strange character. From one side we have the strong-willed commander of the Ratatoskr, while from the other we have the spoiled little girl clinging to Shidou.

Which is the real Kotori? Are they both the real Kotori? Is she a living example of split personality?

Yes, just as you can see from this small video scene, Shidou is in a really bad situation at the moment with all the spirits around him.

Every single word can generate a worldwide crisis considering how unstable and powerful the two girls are. What will happen to him when the third girl will eventually appear?

By the way, am I the only one thinking that Yoshino is extremely cute while crying? I...just want to hug her! NOW! :P

Date A Live

Judging from the preview segment, next episode will introduce a couple of new female characters that will pose a danger to Shidou and the Spirits.

They looks like humans, but we still don't know much about their faction or relationships aside from the fact that they are related to the AST team.

Will they try to kill Tohka, Yoshino, Kotori and eventually Shidou? I'm sure that this series won't take the dark turn, but it's going to be interesting to see how they'll interact with the main characters...

Date A Live

Concluding, Date A Live continues to be an extremely entertaining anime series that I'll keep watching regularly.

5/12/2013 4:56:37 PM #

Algester

AHAHAHAAH KUHHIHIHIHIHIHHIHIHI

Spoiler: Show
Kurumi is a time master and can call forth Kurumis anywhere in the time-space continuum, but no 2 Kurumis are the same
GOOD LUCK SHIDOU SHES UNCAPTURABLE FOR A REASON KUHIHIHIHIHIHIHIIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI

Algester | 112 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 4:57:42 PM #

*evil smirk* Where is Keima when you need him?!

5/12/2013 5:06:09 PM #

marthaurion

if only, my friend...if only...

marthaurion | 3408 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:08:01 PM #

I wonder what could happen with Keima instead of Shidou...well probably he would die after the gunshot from Origami I suppose...

5/12/2013 5:09:25 PM #

marthaurion

nah...Keima always succeeds

marthaurion | 3408 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:11:01 PM #

That's also true...Keima is the OTOSHIGAMI!

5/12/2013 5:09:44 PM #

Algester

remember
Spoiler: Show
Shidou can use the powers of the spirits he conquers...
and capturing Kurumi alone is game breaker territory, imagine... an Army of Shidous weilding Sandaplon... or get creative, how bout an orgy...

Algester | 112 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:10:42 PM #

Ahahah, I would totally watch that. I'm sure some doujin writer has already delivered, I will check later...

5/12/2013 5:17:31 PM #

Algester

sadly most doujins that came out on comiket 83 and comitia are all Yoshino centric IN CHINESE?! PFT

Algester | 112 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:19:53 PM #

What a sadness! Let's wait for Comiket 84 in summer I suppose...that must have something better...

5/12/2013 5:11:50 PM #

marthaurion

I sense danger

marthaurion | 3408 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:12:31 PM #

Nothing! There is nothing dangerous in that! *evil smirk*

5/12/2013 5:13:41 PM #

marthaurion

danger...danger...danger...danger...

marthaurion | 3408 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:14:24 PM #

*shivers*

5/12/2013 6:04:12 PM #

Algester

IMMINENT RA*P IS UNAVOIDABLE REPEAT IMMINENT RA*P IS UNAVOIDABLE did I mention Kurumi wants to eat Shidou? how I dunno and I don't know by what context of eating does she want

Algester | 112 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 6:05:52 PM #

...eating...*evil smirk*

5/12/2013 5:02:14 PM #

*clutches at heart after seeing Yoshino crying* t-that's dangerously cute

I got a real kick out of watching Origami stand prepared with cameras on the train.

Fukou da | 2779 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:04:44 PM #

*hugs Yoshino* How can you even resist against that massive living pillar of moè? HOW? JUST HOW?

Origami is the best girl, I just can't find anyone else as charming and attractive as her. She's beautiful, dedicated and dere-dere.

5/12/2013 5:11:03 PM #

*pets and spoils Yoshino* impossible, that's no illusion but a truth!

Agreed, though I'm starting to wonder if she has a profesional stalker mode

Fukou da | 2779 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:12:04 PM #

Stop touching her! Your right hand will probably kill her! Stay away, you can't touch the Spirits! *evil smirk*

I would totally love that as well!

5/12/2013 5:15:00 PM #

*cries in suffering while preparing to cut off his right hand* but wait, that would only make it worse! Such utter and complete misfortune!! T_T

Yeah, would be hilarious and cute

Fukou da | 2779 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 5:16:13 PM #

Finally I can use your overpowered skill against you Touma! *evil laugh while petting Yoshino*

Agreed!

5/12/2013 6:31:12 PM #

Hayasaki42

I had a dejavu watching this episode, I felt it was Excel Saga all over again. (My first non-mainstream anime and one of my favorites, especially the manga)

Hayasaki42 | 455 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 7:19:55 PM #

Ahahah, Excel Saga was far more random as a series than this. I remember it from my childhood...*__*

5/12/2013 7:41:51 PM #

Hayasaki42

Well, if you compare just this episode, it could pass as an Excel Saga episode, except for the last one, that was randomness in pure state.
If I remember right, it was around 5years ago since I watched it (and ai still recall some events...great job brain remembering anime but not the answers for an exam with two days of diference...) those nostalgic days when I could spend weekends watching series...

Hayasaki42 | 455 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 11:31:31 PM #

Same here, now between work on weekdays and other things to do on weekends, the time to spend on anime is really short...>_<

5/12/2013 7:45:34 PM #

asdfghjkl

so moral of the story is:onsen are serious business.

you know,if the ast actually put that much or even half the dedication the show here into capturing spirit then maybe they would have succeed...also considering how they are always "on-guard" and is always "Ready" for a spirit,i wonder how do they sometime arrive late to capture the spirit...

anyway what an intense battle scene!not even the serious episode was this freaking intense,hell and that is for serious purpose here they are trying to go to a hot-spring for god sake which turn into ice(basically pretty much adding insult to injury).

asdfghjkl | 1256 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2013 11:32:26 PM #

Totally!

Ahahahah, but onsen are far more important than capturing rogue spirits here and there. Do you even understand the importance of a good bath in the hot springs?

*laughs* it was a nice battle indeed!

5/13/2013 1:03:58 AM #

Exodus04

i can't believe how serious onsen is for AST team, they really fight to death only for onsen lol XD. btw, does requirement to become AST member is girl? i never see male in AST XD

it's really heart breaking seeing Yoshino cries, i can't just stand to watch her *sob sob. btw, Yoshino always looks lovely, i could die seeing her cry *the level of her cuteness is over 9000 XD

well if Keima here, at least he could arrange a plan to conquer Kurumi, well since the key to save the spirit is only Shidou, Feel bad for Tohka though
Spoiler: Show
in the Novel she stating something like this after she kissed shidou in her room "if any other spirit appear, please save them like you save me, but i don't want you to do that (kiss) with other person, because i also just want to do it with you" ahahaha XD

Exodus04 | 122 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/13/2013 6:58:17 AM #

Algester

there are also males AST members... one of whom defected to Ratatosk guess who he is, Shidou did made a vow to save spirits gave him extra bad ass points if volume 7 has a word in it, but Kurumi is still by any means uncapturable at this moment due to game breaker territory

Algester | 112 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/13/2013 10:49:07 AM #

That's a shame, the AST team is better to be considered full of girls. *cries*

5/13/2013 11:14:27 AM #

Exodus04

Hmmm.... if i can guess, i think i know who *look sideways lol XD

Exodus04 | 122 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/13/2013 11:42:39 AM #

*shifts gaze*

5/13/2013 10:51:15 AM #

Ahahah, Algester says that there are males, quite a shame considering that I love the current all-girls team...

*cries* Yoshino must not cry! We need to stop her or we'll die because of the extremely concentrated cuteness! *_*

5/13/2013 11:18:08 AM #

Exodus04

well Algester say that he joined Ratatoskr, so for now still all girls i guess lol XD

either way, if she's happy and give her beautiful smile, we're also dead from extreme cuteness X_X but i have no regret dying for that xixixi XD

Exodus04 | 122 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/13/2013 11:42:52 AM #

Agreed, either way we're dead.

5/13/2013 1:51:28 PM #

Exodus04

*nods, she waaaaaay too cute, she's the best

Exodus04 | 122 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/13/2013 1:51:57 PM #

6/6/2013 3:48:52 PM #

zeitgeist

I think Origami is the sexiest

zeitgeist | 1 Comments | Reply

6/6/2013 4:00:59 PM #

*high five* Finally someone who agrees with me.

6/12/2013 3:07:27 PM #

Teddy

Why can't i see ep. 12???? =.= it's not out yet?

Teddy | 1 Comments | Reply

6/12/2013 3:08:28 PM #

Not out yet.

Innocent Girl - Heaven! Yes, this is heaven! *stares*
Innocent Girl - Heaven! Yes, this is heaven! *stares*
Innocent Girl - I need to touch in order to make a proper rating. Can I? *evil smirk*
Innocent Girl - No, I dont think you do understand...
Innocent Girl - No, I dont think you do understand...
Innocent Girl - This is not good. Sister, what are you doing?
Innocent Girl - This is not good. Sister, what are you doing?
Innocent Girl - Ahahah, I like her voice while singing!
Innocent Girl - Ahahah, I like her voice while singing!

SilverSilver