Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - We want a third season!

Episode : 12 31. March 2013 19:17

Let's complete the coverage of the winter season 2012/2013 anime series Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT that, as expected, completed the story with an open-end conclusion.

Kodaka, thanks to Rika's intervention/battle, managed to get enough courage to go back in the club, but is unable to answer to Sena's feelings because of Yozora's email.

Yes, Yozora is running away, but we have no clue about where she is headed or how long she'll be away from the school and her friends.

Haganai

By the way, am I the only one liking more and more Aoi Yusa's innocent personality after the events of this episode?

She may try to look tough when challenging Sena, but down in the heart she is not that different from Kobato or Maria.

Yes, just as you can see from this small video scene, Kodaka ended up being charmed by the student council president Hinata Hidaka within few days.

I'm actually starting to think that Hinata will be a recurring character in the future just like Kate and Aoi Yusa and I speculate that she will become a good spice to the romantic comedy.

Hinata is a girl with perfect personality, good looks and I believe she would make a fierce enemy to any of the girls in Kodaka's club.

Haganai

Third season? Well, we have plenty of possibilities for that to happen, because this series turned out to be a successfull one with over 6000 copies sold on the first BD/DVD volume.

That is far more than enough to let them recover production costs and even gain some money. The turning point to recover all production costs is at around 3.000 copies per volume according to internal sources.

If we also consider that the original light novel has still lots of material to be covered, we can keep hope for a new anime season in 1-2 years time.

Haganai

Concluding, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT managed to become even better than the original. I suggest to everyone who is still on the fence to watch both series at once and start waiting for the third season together with us.

Visual Points : 890/1000 (One of the best character design combined with high quality animation)

Audio Points : 850/1000 (Quite good, but not excellent.)

Story Points : 800/1000 (You can't expect much here, because of the comedy premise, but they did give some nice developments to Kodaka.)

Entertainment Points : 880/1000 (Every single episode was funny and enjoyable. One of the best in terms of entertainment)

Characters Points : 900/1000 (I really like everyone in this story, especially Sena and Kobato)

Final Points : 8.59/10

The series is ranked 32nd over 197 series in my rankings (Updated to 31/03/2013 19:24)

3/31/2013 7:21:50 PM #

It's kind of nice to be back where I have no idea what's gonna happen in the episode. Makes it so much more satisfying to watch the season finish in such a great way

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:22:45 PM #

Oh yeah, that's my feeling all along when watching this season of Haganai. Are you ready for season 3?

3/31/2013 7:28:14 PM #

I can't wait!

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:29:44 PM #

I'm really curious about where is Yozora trying to go, do you know anything about it?

3/31/2013 7:38:10 PM #

Not really, I've only read as far as the showing of the Neighbor's Club's movie.

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:39:06 PM #

*wonder what Yozora is trying to do*
*resist the urge to read the LN*

3/31/2013 7:41:06 PM #

Same here. *tries to decide whether or not to continue reading the novels*

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:42:47 PM #

I would prefer watching the anime compared to reading the novel (personal preference)...

3/31/2013 7:47:52 PM #

Most of the time I'd agree. But some times it will leave you with a bad impression of the novels. Take Campione or Sword Art Online for instance: I didn't really like the anime version of Campione that much but I started reading the novels a week ago and I love it. And while I think the SAO anime was good, I also believe it could have been way better.

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:49:14 PM #

Campione? I really need to start reading that, but I'm not sure if I'll ever manage to get enough time to dedicate to it.

3/31/2013 7:54:50 PM #

I really recommend it if you find the time. I've only reached Godou's battle with Perseus but I've enjoyed it so far. The anime tended to down play the raw power of the Heretic Gods and the Campione. The novels do a much better job of explaining just how out of this world they are compared to magicians.

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:58:50 PM #

I'll see what I can do, because I liked the characters in the anime and I would like to see how the story will continue (especially considering that we have nearly no chance to get a second season).

5/17/2013 1:05:29 PM #

Ilikeanime

Hey guys whens the next season airing?

Ilikeanime | 1 Comments | Reply

5/19/2013 12:08:49 PM #

Still no official announcement so far...

5/22/2013 9:38:59 PM #

Kodaka

): i just love this anime i want season 3 now or over 2 months !!!

Kodaka | 1 Comments | Reply

4/24/2013 11:52:36 PM #

Itachi

YES ANOTHER SEASON PLEASE!!!! :3 I WANT MORE this is a great series don't end it so soon its developed and come a long way since the first episode all the characters have changed so much and i love it i want more at least 50 episodes 26 + a few OVA's is not nearly enough to satisfy this awesome series

Itachi | 6 Comments | Reply

4/25/2013 12:04:49 PM #

There's hope my friend. This series have a very active fanbase in japan as well, we just need to wait an year or two for the announcement...

5/19/2013 10:57:24 AM #

Raiga

WHAT A YEAR ? ? ? ARE YOU SERIOUS ? ? ? SO WHAT SHOULD I WATCH FOR THIS FEW YEAR ? ? ? THERE NO OTHER THAT BATTER THEN THIS . . .

Raiga | 1 Comments | Reply

5/19/2013 12:08:29 PM #

3/31/2013 7:21:51 PM #

marthaurion

Yozora played a strong move...but the move lacks character. I'm very disappointed in the direction she has gone...

marthaurion | 4020 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:23:19 PM #

Well, she tried at least, but I'm sure they'll just catch her back within few episodes and everything returns to normality.
Rika is the one he choose right?

3/31/2013 7:35:36 PM #

marthaurion

It may seem that way, but don't be fooled. The true culprit is...*gets stabbed and dies*

marthaurion | 4020 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:36:44 PM #

MARTH! Don't die! Tell me the culprit! MARTH!

*casts Resurrection on Marth*

4/17/2013 2:43:51 PM #

NoOne

wuahhhahah
ahhhaaahahahah!!!
now it shall be a mystery
muwahahahahha

NoOne | 1 Comments | Reply

4/18/2013 8:15:20 AM #

*shivers*

3/31/2013 7:35:35 PM #

merkkierkki

I really liked the last episode, the main reason for that being that third season is imminent! The episode was more encouraging than what I expected from last episode. What third season means though is, that this wont be concluded for another 12 episodes.

Anyway, it seems to me that Kodaka was ready to accept Sena. It seemed to me that Rika was actually rooting for that. Yozora saw that coming and fled.

Just my opinion. You never know with Anime. It might be that it will be Yozora as it was set since the first episodes. ;)

I hope they don't go take that route with this.

merkkierkki | 318 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:38:36 PM #

Yeah, they deliberately leaved the story entirely open to allow for a new season to be produced with ease. Considering the sales numbers, they shouldn't have much problem to produce a new season...

That would be a win for me considering how much I like Sena, but we'll see next season. We have time to check who will win this romantic race right?

*nods* I'd prefer Rika over her...

3/31/2013 7:55:50 PM #

merkkierkki

Yeah, but it will be a bit sad if it goes to any other way. After all with Sena they have everything set, from marriage contract to fact she likes the guy. Which is a bit weird...

Though what I was hoping was some another guy in the group, to break group cohesion a bit. Makes it look like its all girls school. ;)

merkkierkki | 318 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:59:31 PM #

*nods*, but Yozora like him too. She's just too timid to say it clearly like Sena managed to do...

That's harem after all! *_*

3/31/2013 8:02:45 PM #

merkkierkki

Whats the point of harem, if you don't get to brag about it to anyone?

merkkierkki | 318 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 8:11:40 PM #

True enough...

3/31/2013 8:18:34 PM #

merkkierkki

Btw, it seems were getting another season of oreimo, first episode being only week away.

merkkierkki | 318 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 8:24:34 PM #

I know, I know there are many good series this season and I still have to decide what to cover aside from the obligatory ones (To aru Kagaku no Railgun 2, Nyaruko 2, etc...)

3/31/2013 8:51:38 PM #

merkkierkki

I haven't watched the first season of those series you mentioned. Something to do next week...

merkkierkki | 318 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 9:44:24 PM #

Good luck!

3/31/2013 7:43:35 PM #

Wieselhead

Another end *goodbye Winter Season* My list becomes shorter and shorter.

I loved this episode, very cool to show Kodaka skipping club and helping the student council. Also the Yukimura scene was so nice, she isc so lovely. Rika as end boss was also a great scene with strong dialogs. Hehe the catears ^^
"After all, we’re already all friends" did she also try to say that in episode ten?

Too bad that Aoi followed the annoying girl pattern in her second intro episode, but I was prepared for it, so I ignored her little rampage. She is actually cute. As she said that she wanted to make Sena use of her full potential, I felt lie having to puke, but as she revealed her real motive shortly after, I was relieved
Hinata reminded me of Kurugaya, so I just have to like her, her laughing is great.

I loved the show a little more than the first, with Yuki learned about being a girl and Rika tried to become the alpha bishoujo, I want more of all that.

Wieselhead | 830 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 7:48:13 PM #

Yeah, only two series are still in my coverage book (OreShura and Little Busters), Winter is about to end...

Everyone managed to show their appeal, except for Yozora that run away without fighting to get Kodaka. I suppose that will go back and become a story in the third season...

*take Aoi back home* she's an honest girl with a cute personality. She will become a nice lady in the future...

*nods* This season was better than the first in both content and animation quality.

3/31/2013 8:32:57 PM #

chikorita157

Definitely an improvement over the first season and I wouldn't mind more. But pretty much, Yozora is in a worse position than she was in the prequel.

chikorita157 | 264 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 9:43:31 PM #

Let's see if they'll announce something in the coming months...

3/31/2013 9:13:55 PM #

Kunasgy

Awesome last episode with Rika and her flying balls of steel(don't use your lewd mind) and Kodaka fighting her with words

This series is going to have a third season no matter what, everybody wants it and even the author said the anime was going to take a different route over the original material, so it's basically assured

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 9:44:15 PM #

*evil smirk* I'm not using it...I sweat! *evil smirk*

Yep, that's my hope as well. I would like to see how this story end and who will finally get Kodaka's heart...

3/31/2013 11:20:33 PM #

Kunasgy

Are you sure *Looks right into Feal's eyes*

Maybe a harem? he did say he would be fine with the harem...

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 11:24:03 PM #

*shifts gaze*

Ahahah, who wouldn't be fine with an harem of bishoujos?!

3/31/2013 10:30:33 PM #

Highway

I enjoyed this episode and this whole season. It made a lot of progress in a good direction, and kept true to the spirit of the show. Seeing them all become friends through this season was really great, and having the shock near the end was surprising but somewhat expected that something like that would happen.

If there's a third season (which I hope), it will be good to see what Yozora does to bounce back.

Highway | 83 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

3/31/2013 10:35:06 PM #

*nods* let's keep hope they'll produce a third season, because Yozora really need a chance to try and get back on her feet. She really got to a record low this time around...

3/31/2013 11:40:42 PM #

Yerocha

That was a surprising last episode. The heavy focus on Rika and Sena is making me wonder if the creators are pushing them instead of Yozora, because she didn't get to do a whole lot this season. I'm wondering if someone who started here would even know who the main heroine is.

Also loved the whole fight with Rika. She decided to work out her problems the shonen way, which I approve of!

Yerocha | 278 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

4/1/2013 9:48:49 AM #

That would be an A+ for me, but I believe that's just some temporary thing until Yozora have enough screen-time to make a comeback in season three (which is extremely likely).

*nods* Rika is a great character!

5/13/2013 3:17:01 AM #

Traslogan

I think this was due to the immense character that Yozora held in Series 1. She verged on the main character near the end, completely controlling the interest of the plot and Kodaka's interest (Due to being his old childhood friend), so I feel that it verges on logical that she was seen as less important now that she received such a large plot piece before hand

Traslogan | 1 Comments | Reply

5/13/2013 10:44:57 AM #

Let's see who will be the focus if they do a third season then. There is still much to explore in their relationships...

4/1/2013 8:41:15 AM #

Todoroki

It's overrrr! *cries* Why can't series like this never end. I feel so lost now that I have nothing to look forward to on Thursdays =/

I wasn't expecting the last episode to end on such an open note. Really a big surprise but it makes me feel like a third season is coming which I definitely approve of! (Japan trip to collect Season 3 Haganai stuff here I come!).

I'm glad you finally saw the cuteness of Yusa! I knew she would be super adorable when she first appeared!
and I almost died when Yozora interrupted Kodaka and Sena in the club room. I wanted to see his response damnit! I loved this season from start to finish and praise the really high quality animation. I hope AIC keeps it up for season three!

Todoroki | 72 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

4/1/2013 9:50:41 AM #

*cries with Todoroki* well, we'll have to find a new series to take care of. Let's see what spring has to offer...

Yeah, that's good, because a third season is extremely likely considering this ending. I would love to get an announcement about it in the next few months!

Aoi Yusa is quite a cute girl and I wonder how will I be able to decide which girl is best between the many that are appearing in the series recently...

4/2/2013 9:12:16 PM #

Todoroki

This is quite funny feal but when I first picked up this show I thought Sena was Kodaka! xD I read this description

ic.pics.livejournal.com/.../28653_original.jpg

and when it said "blonde hair" I took that to mean Sena was the transfer student and delinquent. I was SHOCKED when I saw a guy and thought "Who is this guy? Where is the blonde girl?!" xD

Todoroki | 72 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

4/2/2013 9:28:14 PM #

Ahahah, that is funny indeed man.

I generally search a lot more pics so it is probably easier to realize who are the characters...

4/5/2013 3:04:11 AM #

Todoroki

Where did you find that stats that say it sold over 6000 copies feal? I have been curious to check it out. I am hoping even more sell so we have a higher chance of another season! If this came out in DVD in the US with subs I would buy in a heartbeat lol.

Todoroki | 72 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

4/5/2013 9:49:36 AM #

www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index2.cgi

Just search for your series here, but remember to write in japanese.

The only DVDs that matters are the japanese ones, unfortunately the US ones are not a real source of income for japanese companies.

4/1/2013 10:42:23 PM #

Kirito011

I gotta say.... I was really suprised about that balls trying to hurt him and crap....=_= but did they really had to day Yoai hole in it and the red head but been really enjoying the head rub from Kodaka because she looked like she was in heaven. But, I dont really blame Kodaka... I wouldnt know what to do too. but this anime did teach me something. Sure I only have 6 freinds, and im not that popular either. Sure, Im just an 12 year old kid ... but my hair is a little like his except itz not on bottom is within the color so i guess itz not lke his.But! It thought me that 6th Grade isnt so bad...... I wish i can skip the FCAT!!!!!! man....... but I really thought that in season 2 he would finally choose Yozora but now im thinking that it could be Sena after all but Idk why i mean they show her and how she wants him so bad and please shut up bout'  the hole.... unless ur talking about butts but they really didnt need to put that in there and i guess that this is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally long xD, you've..... just wasted...... your time reading this from your life....  I HOPE THERE IS A SEASON 3 AND FEAL87...... you awesome xD

Kirito011 | 2 Comments | Reply

4/2/2013 8:15:13 AM #

It was quite a special scene indeed with those balls trying to kill him, but hey...it was fun enough...

Thanks to you Kirito011!

4/4/2013 9:41:54 PM #

Kirito011

It's my b day yay!!!!!!!!!

Kirito011 | 2 Comments | Reply

4/4/2013 9:42:35 PM #

*cheers*

4/2/2013 2:43:21 AM #

Ryoluke

To be honest at the end i didn't really get how he fell in love with the student council pres . i mean he only knew her for about 1ep -.-  . Well now i have to wait another 2 years for the third season just to get any closure XD . i mean besides the last few eps i thought he was going towards the sena route but then he went all crazy when he was confronted about is 'selective hearing XD' he has going on. BTW sena-chan all the way :3

Ryoluke | 1 Comments | Reply

4/2/2013 8:15:57 AM #

Hey, she's perfect in both personality and looks. It's sort of expected to fall for her in a human way.

Sena must WIN! I totally agree with you!

4/2/2013 11:51:08 AM #

Well I'm cheering more for Yozora and Yukimura. But the author Hirasaka Yomi himself said that if he had to pick a girl for Kodaka then it would be Sena.

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

4/2/2013 4:27:35 PM #

That's...reassuring for us Sena fans...

4/2/2013 6:05:11 PM #

*cries*

Fukou da | 3825 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

4/3/2013 1:37:33 AM #

Mineur

Im sooo looking forward for a season 3 O_o

But I starts to feel just bader and bader for Yozora
She rly have no luck whatsoever

Mineur | 1 Comments | Reply

4/3/2013 10:29:52 AM #

Well, maybe she'll make a comeback in the third season? One can never say how it'll end up in the end...

4/3/2013 7:46:46 AM #

SmithCB

Hmm, Yozora walking along the highway, a white feather drops on her shoulder, she stops and looks up . . . Could it be . . .  DERA?

Oh, Gawd, my eyes!  It hurts us!   Aaaarrrggghhhhhh!

SmithCB | 44 Comments - starstar | Reply

4/3/2013 10:30:21 AM #

What?! Dera is invading other worlds/dimensions to get more princesses for his prince? Damn, that bird...

4/4/2013 9:16:56 PM #

Kurisu

Oh my gosh i missed so much, ill be back real soon though!!

Kurisu | 283 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

4/4/2013 9:17:31 PM #

*waits for Kurisu*

4/5/2013 1:58:26 AM #

Kurisu

"pets" Good boy!

Kurisu | 283 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

4/5/2013 9:48:43 AM #

*purrs*

4/6/2013 12:32:59 AM #

SmithCB

Kinda late for anything like this, but
Spoiler: Show
Several times I've found myself asking "With all of the characters and their individual facial styles, why do Yozora and Rika's faces look so similar?  I" mean, Maria dna Kate look similar too, and they are related.  Then at the end when they showed Yozora's face morphing into Rika, I thought....No...they could be cousins or something could they?  That would make Yozora's reason for leaving even more understandable.  Naw...Gotta be a my brain on overdrive.
Oh, well.

SmithCB | 44 Comments - starstar | Reply

4/6/2013 12:34:25 AM #

*evil smirk* your speculation may prove dramatic for the developments in the club. I wonder if you're right...

4/8/2013 2:02:36 PM #

torrapami

*sad*
5 anime left in my list.

Also, any good Ecchi, Harem + Romance Anime?

I'm really into them.

torrapami | 1 Comments | Reply

4/8/2013 2:06:47 PM #

Date a Live that is currently airing in this spring season 2013 looks like the perfect series for you. Just check the first episode (I covered it in a recent post)

4/15/2013 4:48:14 PM #

nekomoru

I am really hoping for a 3rd season..
hmm if I am Kodaka, I would go for sena.. I really like her because she's always getting bullied (making me the one to protect her and make her smile is what i wanted most in story lines) but I really felt bad for yozora, not being able to express her feelings and left behind..
Thinking of it, I wish season 3 would be like Amagami SS, where Kodaka will be able to have alternate endings with all the girls (preferably Sena, Yozora, Rika, Yukimura, Hinata, and Kate). That would be awesome!!! for me atleast

nekomoru | 1 Comments | Reply

4/15/2013 9:33:54 PM #

I would go with Sena as well, but I wouldn't mind an omnibus format like Amagami SS being implemented here as well...

4/21/2013 11:53:04 PM #

dsadorsky

i realy hope they go back and make a good PC VN of this.

dsadorsky | 1 Comments | Reply

4/22/2013 8:24:04 AM #

*nods* It would be an entertaining visual novel indeed...

4/23/2013 4:49:10 AM #

Wolffie

Could you recomend me some animes like this one? I'm new to the genre but I really enjoyed this anime it's easily one of the best ones I've seen. But I need something to watch while I wait for the next season!

I would be forever grateful if you could recomend me animes similar to this one!

Sena <3

Oh and I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask for recomendations!

Wolffie | 1 Comments | Reply

4/23/2013 8:24:03 AM #

Give a look at Mayo Chiki, that's very entertaining and similar to this series.

4/26/2013 9:59:50 PM #

berkez

i didnt like the last episode really. it did left a lot of questions and it was a bit ridicilous
flying balls and others ... and im sorry that yozora is gone. at the start of the first episode first
season i think kodaka will be with yozora or sena . i hope there will be a third season to answer
our questions

berkez | 1 Comments | Reply

4/26/2013 10:11:13 PM #

Everything makes us imply that a third season is on the way. We're just waiting for the official announcement...

5/26/2013 12:07:18 PM #

Todoroki

If they announce a third season feal I hope you make a huge post about it with lots of pictures everywhere so everyone can celebrate hehe!

Todoroki | 72 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

5/26/2013 1:07:15 PM #

I will my friend! I will!

5/5/2013 6:18:33 AM #

eric you

i hope the third season includes what happened after the second season ended i also heard about a live action movie of the series coming soon. i aoi yusa and hinata the student council's president enter the group.

eric you | 3 Comments | Reply

5/5/2013 9:16:33 AM #

Yeah, I heard of the live action as well and I heard that fans weren't exactly delighted by it...*looks away*

5/7/2013 8:54:41 AM #

anmelover5443

i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo in love with anime but the second season's ending really made me scream argggggggg

anmelover5443 | 2 Comments | Reply

5/7/2013 10:18:50 AM #

Yeah, it's so incomplete! We need a third season!!!

5/12/2013 8:45:51 AM #

anmelover5443

yeah , i hope it will soon

anmelover5443 | 2 Comments | Reply

5/12/2013 9:55:56 AM #

5/13/2013 3:36:52 PM #

razorghost05

New here to the anime world. not bad series. great actually. I liked the psychological emphasis the characters develop over time when becoming real friends with one another. Although to be honest I have a dislike for the male main character, not a alot , overall he's a good guy, but he was faking his "dense head". Kodoka and yozora parallel each other in not trusting people completely and not be completely vulnerable in making friends and anything beyond that. however yozora is getting all the "bad luck" because she intentionally just wanted Kodoka all to herself. bonus points to Sena is that episode when yozora said she wished Sena to not exist, while Sena admits "I may hate her very much, but to i would never wish for yozora not to exist". clearly Sena and all the girl characters except for Yozora have empathy and compassion in embracing real friendship whereas yozora was just after the guy.

hopefully in the 3rd season maybe yozora will develop more into realizing that there is not "perfect popular peopl" everyone is human and everyone has flaws, and everyone wants friends they can count on.

i think once yozora realizes to focus on friendship more than chasing a guy, things will fall into place better.

but hey this is a romantic comedy harem genre. i get mixed with "good harems" when you have a good guy and all girls are more or less equally good as a pairing to the main guy.

lets see what the future holds with this series.

my personal shipping is Kodoka/Sena or Kodoka/Rika or even Kodoka/yukimura.

last would be kodoka/yozora just based on her actions she is rather a mean person and a bit of a sadist enjoying certain people to suffer. rather than try to connect with people like rika. just my long thoughts

razorghost05 | 1 Comments | Reply

5/13/2013 3:54:04 PM #

Welcome razorghost05.

Yep, and that's a very bad thing to do. I can forgive a protagonist for being dense, if he really is one. Betraying everyone's trust just to protect himself is completely a different story.

Agreed, Yozora need to understand more about how to treat the people around her. That's a must if she really wants to have some "friend".

I would totally approve either of the three pairing you just marked, even if my preference would probably go to either Yukimura or Sena.

5/16/2013 8:24:22 PM #

Melvyn

Hello! I just finished this season! Totally kills me that season 3 would take time to make xD

Personality of the characters were given enough substance to come to life. Many thanks to the Mangaka, producers, voice actors and people behind the scenes
Not to say (I might not be good at finding one if there is) that there isn't much harem anime that have a good story, character build up and comedy instead of the usual all girls simply just like one guy and there's just this obvious girl that will get the guy and end of story.

I chance upon this site when i was searching for news about season 3 haha! Great site, feal87!

--------
Feeling myself evolving into a otaku more and more xD

Melvyn | 1 Comments | Reply

5/17/2013 9:48:42 AM #

animelover5443

I feel you bro

animelover5443 | 1 Comments | Reply

5/19/2013 12:09:05 PM #

5/19/2013 12:10:00 PM #

Thanks Melvyn.

It's going to be hard to wait for the announcement of a possible third season, I'm really looking forward to see who will win the romantic race to reach Kodaka...

6/3/2013 7:33:15 AM #

javi javier

when will they release the season 3?and how many weeks,months am i going to wait?

javi javier | 1 Comments | Reply

6/3/2013 7:58:53 AM #

There is still no official announcement, but I wouldn't expect anything for at least one year...

6/18/2013 11:56:02 PM #

Indiana

MORE...i haven't seen a masterpiece like this in ages...this show is almost too good...please tell me there's MORE

Indiana | 1 Comments | Reply

6/19/2013 9:33:10 AM #

We're waiting for an official announcement of a third season. Let's see what will happen in the coming weeks...

6/24/2013 9:13:14 AM #

mocha

if the season 2 of this anime titled "boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai NEXT", it could be concluded this anime will be released "boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai LAST", hehe, this is just my inference, but i hope this anime will be released the season 3.

mocha | 1 Comments | Reply

6/24/2013 11:42:23 AM #

Let's keep hope my friend!

6/24/2013 5:31:20 PM #

Kristian

this anime was beautiful i cant wait for season 3! after season 1 it made me hunger for more and now season 2 did the same !!!! why anime gods to u torture me !!

Kristian | 3 Comments | Reply

6/24/2013 9:07:26 PM #

*nods* Let's keep hope, sales are quite good for this second season so don't give up!

7/3/2013 3:09:28 PM #

steven

we want "boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai season 3" to be released!!

steven | 1 Comments | Reply

7/7/2013 8:07:44 PM #

*nods* yes we do!

7/7/2013 8:06:34 PM #

Overlord

You'll make a killing with 3rd season...that's for sure ;]

Overlord | 1 Comments | Reply

7/7/2013 8:07:52 PM #

*shivers* ;)

7/15/2013 9:51:59 PM #

Bankai

The light novel doesn't cover anymore than the anime
At least the next volume will be released at the end of August. I don't know about you guys, but I really liked the Student Council President (Hinata) and Aoi. It would be cool if they joined the club

Bankai | 2 Comments | Reply

7/15/2013 9:54:14 PM #

Ahahahah, I liked them as well, but Hinata would be too perfect to be in that group of crazy people...

7/15/2013 9:55:10 PM #

Bankai

Wow that was an insanely fast reply!

Bankai | 2 Comments | Reply

7/15/2013 9:56:44 PM #

I receive a notification for each comment. *evil smirk*

7/16/2013 9:01:45 PM #

Ztyx

Is there an announcement for 3rd season ? i was wondering about it

Ztyx | 6 Comments | Reply

7/16/2013 10:17:45 PM #

*shakes head* still nothing...

7/18/2013 2:47:43 AM #

Ztyx

I want to know Kodaka's answer @_@ damn it. Answers left unanswered but i love KodakaxRika

Ztyx | 6 Comments | Reply

7/18/2013 9:07:21 AM #

*nods* we all want to know Kodaka's answer!

7/21/2013 11:32:07 AM #

big fan

is there a season 3????

big fan | 3 Comments | Reply

7/21/2013 6:49:37 PM #

Unfortunately, still no official announcement. We need to wait and hope!

7/29/2013 5:45:11 PM #

Demon

Haganai volume 9 to be released in August

Demon | 3 Comments | Reply

7/29/2013 5:46:34 PM #

*nods* still no announcement for the anime though...

7/30/2013 7:04:52 AM #

Demon

It'd be at least 2-3+ years before we see a season 3 b/c season 2 ended on a cliffhanger, each season adapted 4 novels, there are 8 novels so far and 2 novels are released a year. We have to embrace the pain and wait for what the future brings us.

Demon | 3 Comments | Reply

7/30/2013 8:21:12 AM #

*cries* I will still patiently keep waiting for it...*cries more*

8/1/2013 12:40:51 AM #

iwinulose

Actually, the 9th volume is set to be released next month, I mean it took 1 year after the light novels started for season 1, and season 2 was 2 years later. Live action movie next, and with any luck by 2015/16 there will be a season 3! Just keep it alive!

iwinulose | 1 Comments | Reply

8/1/2013 8:37:29 AM #

Thanks for the info and let's keep hope man! *_*

8/2/2013 10:12:31 PM #

Toru KITAHATA

there is a good chance the will be season 3 in 2014 cause
i looked at the official website it says coming soon!
keep up the good work *happy face*

Toru KITAHATA | 1 Comments | Reply

8/2/2013 10:14:10 PM #

I just checked and there is still no official announcement about any third season. We still need to wait for them to announce something.

8/3/2013 12:07:11 AM #

rhnsct

Is the anime based on the light novels

rhnsct | 1 Comments | Reply

8/3/2013 12:02:52 PM #

Yes it is. It's a mostly faithful adaptation of the novels.

8/3/2013 12:01:08 PM #

TheEternalFlame

I really want a season 3 for Hagani.  But it's taking quite a long time.  I've heard people say that they may go the OVA route with it because it would take about 2 1/2 years for the manga to progressed enough (4 volumes if I remember correctly) for another season.  I think what the people who say it might end up ending with an ova fail to realize is that there was about a 2- 2 1/2 wait between the first and second seasons.  So I feel that there is still hope for a 3rd season yet.

TheEternalFlame | 4 Comments | Reply

8/3/2013 12:04:55 PM #

The manga is not important because the series is adapted from the light novel, but regardless it'll take at least 1 year and half to build up a new season. It's a matter of a lot of work to do as you pointed out...

There is still hope so just mark this page or subscribe through Facebook or Twitter and wait for the announcement I'll make as soon as we have anything official about the new season! *_*

8/3/2013 3:14:14 PM #

sonicsenryaku

I'm thinking haganai is also going to follow the OVA route as I think Yomi Hirasaka has written himself into a wall and he wants to be really careful about how he deals with the future of the series, which looks like it might take a while. I heard from somewhere that the first 8 volumes were only a third of the story he wants to tell. I once had said that if the first 8 volumes are truly only a third of the story, he might really want to get into what it means to have friends and that he might stretch the story into the cast's college years even...now that would be really interesting. Id like the future novels to keep the quirky, off-the-wall humor that we have come to love so much, but at the same time, take the story in a new direction; a more character-driven direction

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/3/2013 3:16:58 PM #

OVA...that isn't exactly what I would prefer to be honest...

Wow, stretching it to college level would be a totally new series/experience and I would really like to see that. Try to think about how the dynamics would be different after such a long time together...*_*

8/3/2013 3:43:46 PM #

sonicsenryaku

Exactly; I would love to see the change in dynamics between them after knowing each other for that long, especially since it would mean that they would have already faced the inevitable fact that they cant use the club as an excuse to hang out with each other, plus their friendship could possible deepen....or be strained...oh the possibilities. Speaking of Haganai, I just finished watching the eng dub that recently came out....it wasnt bad, but most of the cast give some lifeless performances and i was a bit disappointed by that fact; everyone but Alexis Tipton, who knocks it out of the park as Rika (thank god as Rika is a big source of the comedy in Haganai).

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/3/2013 3:48:31 PM #

*nods* It's kinda of an interesting development if the author decides to do that...

I only watch native anime (no dubs at all), so can't judge on their quality, but I heard they are quite bad...

8/3/2013 4:09:26 PM #

sonicsenryaku

haha not all dubs are bad; just the ones that are done very lazily. Most of the time those who are so vocal about "how bad" eng dubs are a certain group of anime fans, to which i find quite intriguing because japanese is usually not their first language so it would be quite difficult for them to be able to tell whether the jap dub they are listening to is actually well voice-acted or not (Even with subs, if one is not familiar with a certain language, the brain has a hard time judging things such as this)

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/3/2013 4:15:02 PM #

To me it's pointless as either English or Japanese are not first language (Italian here). I would rather watch the original compared to an adaptation.

Anyway that's nice to hear.

8/3/2013 4:45:58 PM #

sonicsenryaku

Well at least your reason for watching native anime is much more valid than those who judge eng dubs (or other non-japanese dubs) when a good portion of them cant tell a good japanese dub from a bad one.

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/3/2013 4:48:04 PM #

True, if they can't understand japanese and rely on subs, they hardly can judge much on its quality.

8/4/2013 11:58:22 AM #

TheDreamsGamer

So is there any anoucement yet ? (I kinda didn't read all the commentaries ^^)

TheDreamsGamer | 17 Comments - star | Reply

8/4/2013 12:01:38 PM #

*shakes head* nothing yet.

8/4/2013 12:40:52 PM #

TheDreamsGamer

Can you get me informed if they annouced any thing ? I really loved this anime and with this ending i think there should be a third season !

TheDreamsGamer | 17 Comments - star | Reply

8/4/2013 12:41:58 PM #

Subscribe to either Facebook or Twitter and you'll get the announcement directly there when it'll get released. ;)

8/4/2013 1:52:47 PM #

TheDreamsGamer

I dont use anymore facebook ... and twitter, never tried ^^ but i'll maybe try twitter thanks ^^

TheDreamsGamer | 17 Comments - star | Reply

8/26/2013 2:49:01 PM #

sonicsenryaku

Soooooo volume 9 of Haganai was released a few days ago and let's just say that the developments are major...

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/26/2013 2:51:04 PM #

It's going to be interesting then, I will try to stay as spoiler free as possible about it until I start reading that volume of the light novel..

8/26/2013 3:06:09 PM #

sonicsenryaku

yea absolutely; cant wait for the chapters to be translated so I get cracking at reading the rest of the novel...im just glad that things are on the right track

sonicsenryaku | 192 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

8/26/2013 3:09:58 PM #

Looking forward to it...*__*

1/7/2014 9:50:20 AM #

Sage6Paths

Heading towards a year now since 2nd season, most likely another year still before/if a 3rd season but any news yet? (Other than the live action version coming soon)

Sage6Paths | 1 Comments | Reply

6/3/2014 9:20:46 PM #

Kobato-sama

Maybe for 2015 ! Let's hope

Kobato-sama | 2 Comments | Reply

6/3/2014 9:16:00 PM #

Kobato-sama

Hey ! It's been some time I didn't visit this website ! (my name was TheDreamsGamer, look up if you dont remember) Whatever, i readed somewhere that the 3rd season will air on 2015 what do you think ?

Kobato-sama | 2 Comments | Reply

Minamijuujisei Renka - Lets go back to our room? *wonder*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Lets go back to our room? *wonder*
Minamijuujisei Renka - You know shes going to cry right?
Minamijuujisei Renka - You know shes going to cry right?
Minamijuujisei Renka - Oh man, this visual novel is really entertaining. I want to play more!
Minamijuujisei Renka - Were going to marry! *nods*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Were going to marry! *nods*
Minamijuujisei Renka - What did you tell her?! *slowly backs away*
Minamijuujisei Renka - What did you tell her?! *slowly backs away*
Minamijuujisei Renka - His little sisters are really cute. Can I take them home? *laughs*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Well, I like both. Is that any better?!
Minamijuujisei Renka - Well, I like both. Is that any better?!

MoriyamaMoriyama