Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - Nice male lead?!

Episode : 01 16. January 2013 21:11

Today we'll talk about the first episode of the winter season 2012/2013 anime series "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo" that delivers an interesting first episode.

I wasn't expecting much from this anime (especially considering the weak premise), but it's turning out to be a decent story with entertaining characters.

The production quality seems solid enough and the character style is pretty good. It won't become a masterpiece of originality, but it is definitely better than some of the other series airing in this season...

Mondaijitachi

The main striking detail of this series is the personality of the male lead of the story. Yes, for once, he's not the generic guy with no personality blushing around every single girl around him...

He looks a bit conceited, but his fighting skills (shown during the battle against the serpent god) are top notch.

By the way, am I the only one wondering why he wears those headphones all the time? Does it have a reason or is it just to make him look "different"?

Kuro Usagi (voiced by the awesome Iori Nomizu) turns out to be an extremely entertaining character that, judging from this first episode, is going to be used mostly for comedic relief.

She does seems to hide some level of supernatural power, but it is unknown if she is a match for the main three characters. They looks too overpowered for her...

Mondaijitachi

Next episode will give us the proper introduction to Kuro Usagi's group (mostly composed of children from what they've shown till now) and their situation.

It looks like they are considered the weakest of all the communities and that's the reason for which she tried to call someone from another world to help.

It is still unknown about WHY would they need so desperately to become "powerful", but I suppose they'll explain it during the following episodes...

Mondaijitachi

Concluding, "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo" looks like a promising anime series for this winter season 2012 that I'll keep watching.

1/16/2013 10:24:35 PM #

Vladimir

I really liked this anime

Vladimir | 131 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:25:29 PM #

Agreed, the anime is turning out to be entertaining! What about the cute Kuro Usagi?

1/17/2013 12:53:26 PM #

Vladimir

Totally love her. When I first saw her I thought the rest of the girls will put on rabbit ears as well, but well real rabbit ears turned out to be awesome as well

Vladimir | 131 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 6:39:26 PM #

1/16/2013 10:34:05 PM #

Personally I'd think Kurousagi to be more powerful than we think since the rabbits are aparently the servants of the people that created that strange world. Something like that should give the rabbits some slight authority over Little Garden right?

I'm pretty curious about the full power of the gifts given to Izayoi, Asuka and You. If they each got one single gift then they must be pretty wide in scope with how You jumped around like a cat and Izayoi memorized every single card.

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:36:38 PM #

If that's the case, why would she be defeated so easily in that card game by the three humans? I wonder if she's powerful, but just a bit stupid...

Agreed, it must be a very "generic" power definition allowing them to do a lot of stuff. Otherwise, they must have multiple powers within the same "gift".

They haven't really explained much about it really...

1/16/2013 10:40:17 PM #

Which would make her all the cuter

To be fair, it's the very first episode so they haven't had much chance to explain either.

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:41:21 PM #

I'm still fought on the main girl though. There is the Tohsaka clone that doesn't look shabby either...right?

Let's see what they'll make in the next episode...

1/16/2013 10:44:08 PM #

Hahah, so I wasn't the only one who thought about Rin when Asuka was introduced. I totally agree, and You ain't too bad either

*nod*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:45:11 PM #

Awwww, why do they make the girls so attractive in these anime series? Why?! Why?! *cries*

1/16/2013 10:47:25 PM #

So you're complaining about the girls being cute? Fine by me, that means I can take them all!

*goes home with Kurousagi, Asuka and You*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:52:26 PM #

*jumps on Kuro Usagi before Fukou da can do anything* Stop being greedy you little dragon!

1/16/2013 10:59:40 PM #

Greedy? Who? Me?

*shrugs in confusion*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:00:38 PM #

*looks at the dragon with suspicion*

1/16/2013 11:02:49 PM #

*looks at feal with a innocent fanged grin*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:03:27 PM #

...so evil...

1/16/2013 11:04:24 PM #

*points feal towards a mirror*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:05:13 PM #

*looks in the mirror and think "that's an handsome furry we have there"*

1/16/2013 11:07:05 PM #

*sneaks away with the girls as feal admirers his evil self in the mirror*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 3:02:49 AM #

Moriyama

*breaks mirror and turns Feal around so we can chase after Fukou da before he steals the girls*

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 4:55:23 AM #

*starts running with the girls* Such misfortune!

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:00:08 PM #

Moriyama

At least hand me the short-haired one, and I'll let ya off the hook

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:29:12 AM #

Silver

I think she's fine. She's feisty, an ojousama, and cute. What's not to like?

Besides... Fukou da is a dragon? I did not know that. He's too cuddly and cute to be an dangerous. Don't be afraid of him and just take what you want away from him. Except you can't take Kurousagi since I already have her.

Silver | 548 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:30:21 AM #

*nods wholeheartedly*

Just look at his avatar in this blog? What do you see portrayed in it? A puppy?

1/17/2013 1:54:47 AM #

Silver

The thing is, small weak puppies or cute dragons must have some sort of defense mechanism. In this case, Fudou da's defense mechanism is illusion. Therefore what you see is not what it really is. It's not a puppy in this case but a cutesy little dragon that's harmless.

Silver | 548 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 2:55:16 AM #

I'll show you harmless *cue Majou Kari no Ou*

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:53:44 PM #

Kunasgy

Izayoi "gift" could be Enhanced Abilities in which all his senses and his natural strength are super enhanced therefore allowing him to memorize all the cards

You's could be Taking Animals abilities to defend herself

And Rin... sorry i mean Asuka's could be... well that looks so obvious

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:01:24 PM #

Good point, they must be generic "gift" indeed like those you mentioned...

1/16/2013 11:03:39 PM #

Kunasgy

I like breaking Things up to know how they work so i just got whatever bits about their abilities and bundled like that

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:04:09 PM #

Let's see next week if your guesses were right I suppose...

1/16/2013 10:48:41 PM #

Kunasgy

Now that's some good male lead we have there, though it's more like the antagonist changed roles and became the main character  and like a good old game said "It's good to be bad"

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:52:02 PM #

Well, at least he's a bit more original than the classic generic wimp that we get in many action series, right? I really can't stand them...>_<

1/16/2013 10:54:55 PM #

Kunasgy

Don't worry, he came to replace Kirito *Looks away laughing*

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 10:56:06 PM #

*facepalm* *start crying*

1/16/2013 10:59:11 PM #

Kunasgy

Damn, i was resuscitated a while ago but Marth evilness stays on me, well it's okay

Also, it seems promising since it did got me hooked up

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:00:20 PM #

*nods* as long as Kirito will say away from this series...

1/16/2013 11:02:06 PM #

Kunasgy

Considering his "anything you say... i'm joking" it could be he's more of a Goku type since he just wants Fights

Kunasgy | 199 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:03:04 PM #

1/17/2013 12:01:35 PM #

Moriyama

Let's hope that he'll be an enjoyable yet acceptable protagonist...!

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:55:32 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

Calico is clearly better as the male main character.

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:56:18 PM #

He's such a smooth talker, isn't he?

1/16/2013 11:59:02 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

Want to play bite?

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/16/2013 11:59:54 PM #

1/17/2013 12:03:40 AM #

marthaurion

Oh come on...kuro is in her name! Evil!

marthaurion | 3989 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:05:40 AM #

...but...but...she's cute! Cute can't be evil right?

1/17/2013 12:07:33 AM #

marthaurion

About that...

marthaurion | 3989 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:07:55 AM #

*looks away*

1/17/2013 12:10:42 AM #

marthaurion

You know the answer to that...

marthaurion | 3989 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:11:58 AM #

*shifts the gaze even more*

1/17/2013 12:18:15 AM #

marthaurion

Yes...keep doubting...

marthaurion | 3989 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:25:10 AM #

Silver

First. You're late with this post. I already took Kurousagi. That smexy, cute, smexy, cute bunny is mine. Early bird gets the worm.

2nd. "Yes, for once, he's not the generic guy with no personality blushing around every single girl around him..."
I'm assuming you mean this season only because if so, I sort of disagree with you. We have Yoshino and Mashiro from Zetsuen no Tempest, Yuusha (he only blushes around his waifu and no one else. plus he's super strong as well. he plays around with really really strong enemies like they're nothing. he even tickles them silly! ... ok maybe not the last part). he practically fell in love with her at first sight but also maintain his logical thinking instead of becoming entirely stupid like many), and Taka... sort of. Taka seems to only blush a little bit when the girls get a bit too crazy.

On another note, you should take a look at Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. That MC is god tier. So damn strong that it's not even human. So smart and extremely good with engineering. So gentlemanly that it's gentlemanly. And such a siscon... oh wait. But yeah he's awesome. There's also Madan no Ou to Vanadis and some others. Personally I also think about Chrome Shelled Regios but he's kind of hard to say. Sometimes he blushes easily around girls. Other times he's cold as hell. His way of thinking at times can be rather evil. Yeah...

Silver | 548 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:29:16 AM #

Bear with me, I'm getting old and there are many series to cover in this season.

Zetsuen no Tempest? Yes, sort of, but they don't have many girls around the story in the first place man...

Yuusha blushes and is quite a shy boy. Doesn't look quite the same genre to me. Being merely strong doesn't fit the bill or I would've mentioned "Godou" from Campione...

Never watched Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. I'll give it a look if I tget some time...

Chrome Shelled Regios's protagonist is awesome and I agree with you (I wrote a post over it in the past), but now we're delving into old stuff...I was referring around the last 2-3 seasons.

1/17/2013 12:31:32 AM #

marthaurion

Yuusha still has doubt...

marthaurion | 3989 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 3:10:22 AM #

Moriyama

wait...Silver, Yuusha and Taka from which series!?

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 4:12:09 AM #

Silver

Ah I meant Yuusha from Maoyuu and Taka from Da Capo III. They're all from this anime season.

Silver | 548 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 8:51:44 AM #

Moriyama

Am not looking at Da Capo III, so I wouldn't have known....already have so many other series on what list so....

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:58:13 AM #

Cytrus

On the surface, the plot point of people getting dragged into another world seems quite generic. But those people aren't afraid or confused, they immediately move on to thinking how to take advantage of the new world and squeeze as much out of it as possible. You can see their absolute confidence in their powers and a sense of superiority towards others. Izayoi might be most obvious about it, but the girls just express the same attitude in their own way. Problem children indeed.

Izayoi seems to have a very broadly defined power (which is standard for a main character, but might get annoying). You has at least two related abilities in talking to animals (stated outright) and taking on certain animal abilities/characteristics (demonstrated twice). Asuka seems the most straightforward, but since her power is basically Lelouch's geass with fewer restrictions... I think it's powerful enough.

Cytrus | 340 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 1:09:57 AM #

*nods* that's probably what will get explored in this series together with Kuro Usagi's backstory and objective.

Agreed, he seems to be enhancing all his physical and mental abilities at once. Not sure about what is the detail and what are the downfall of this power though...
maybe that headphones are to protect him from his enhanced ears?

1/17/2013 4:05:26 AM #

Silver

The downside to his power is that when he overuse his power, his power will disappear for a short period of several hours. During this period of time, he will be reverted into a cute and shy little shota that has the cuteness level damage of over 9999.

Silver | 548 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 10:29:22 AM #

...lol...

1/17/2013 11:57:53 AM #

Moriyama

*bets a dime Silver is right*

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 4:45:11 AM #

I'm not so sure about that. Izayoi covering his ears does make sense if his senses have been enhanced but how about the other four senses? Espescially sight and smell.

Fukou da | 3766 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 10:29:14 AM #

True enough, but without this feature the headphones would become an "useless" visual feature. Maybe there are some other limitations to his power that we still don't know...

1/17/2013 11:59:05 AM #

Moriyama

Maybe it's not a downfall, but a penalty cost. In order to use his ability, he needs to limit one sense....or something of the likes....

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:05:24 PM #

that's possible!

1/17/2013 3:04:48 AM #

Moriyama

Good first episode, though truthfully have to say that it was not the better compared to other firsts of this season. Yet, I like the setting and story-line. expect a lovely amount of entertainment from this series...

Why do they need the power? Well, we'll see for ourselves.

I'm already set for the short-haired girl who's telepathic with animals. Always seem to love the short-haired ones, for some good reason

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 10:36:07 AM #

Agreed, it's going to be a good anime series if it continues with this level of quality. I was really skeptical when I was reading the premise though...

I'm betting that they need to save someone or something along these lines. They look desperate enough.

*nods* Short hair is good, but I don't mind long hair either...

1/17/2013 11:55:52 AM #

Moriyama

I was also a bit skeptical, so no need to fret.

Save someone...I actually bet that they'll need to reach some sort of goal, such as defeating a certain boss, instead.
*bets 25 cents*

Miji-kami, BANZAI!! \(^.^)/

Moriyama | 1070 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 12:05:14 PM #

Let's wait for the next episode then...

1/17/2013 3:26:00 AM #

Krelra

Black rabbit-chan sounds..pretty cool. not was expecting her voice to be like that..but i like it

the quote you said she might be a bit stupid..well rabbits arnt known for there intelligence

I like The Main Male Lead..Hes jus cool..Throwing Exploding rocks right at the start..yeh teach those delinquents a harsh lesson and 1 shot the water god with a Kick

Krelra | 92 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 10:32:17 AM #

I love Iori Nomizu's voice. She's so...perfect, even if her character is a bit stupid... *_*

*nods* it's a good male lead!

1/17/2013 5:35:21 AM #

Kurisu

loved it

Kurisu | 283 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 10:29:32 AM #

love you

1/17/2013 11:33:03 AM #

Kurisu

haha <3

Kurisu | 283 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 3:54:10 PM #

Krelra

you got an evil hing hat deals in souls afer your love =o better run

Krelra | 92 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 6:39:44 PM #

Lies and slander! I'm a good and cute mascot character!

1/18/2013 7:31:50 AM #

Kurisu

omg  "Kotoura-san" is killing me right now, The feels,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kurisu | 283 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/18/2013 10:07:30 AM #

*cries*

1/17/2013 6:14:09 AM #

Nopy

I wasn't expecting much from this anime, and when Kurousagi brought out that table and some cards I thought it was just going to be another bland show with some boring games. The second half of the episode got a lot more interesting with the fight with the water god so I'm going to keep watching for now.

Nopy | 237 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/17/2013 10:32:56 AM #

Yep, everyone was expecting a very bland series, but maybe...maybe...it can turn into something good...

1/17/2013 4:05:46 PM #

DynaBlade

Was it just me or did somebody else thinks that kurousagi looks a bit identical to Himeji Mizuki from BakaTest?
Oh, and great first episode!

DynaBlade | 8 Comments | Reply

1/17/2013 6:38:18 PM #

I thought the same as well, but luckily their voice tonality is quite different or I would've been really scared...

1/19/2013 1:41:13 AM #

elior1

if you loved this episode episode 2 will be great becouse it going to get a focus in yuo power and please do a short video of her courge flying challenge  when you will review episode 2

elior1 | 177 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/19/2013 9:40:30 AM #

Let's wait and see then...

1/19/2013 1:43:31 AM #

elior1

i mean when she will fly on the animal you will see in episode 2

elior1 | 177 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/19/2013 9:40:21 AM #

1/20/2013 3:16:56 PM #

cheezeburgerz

the show was awesome and got more awesome because Iori Nomizu

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

1/20/2013 5:58:35 PM #

4/25/2013 12:01:32 PM #

Rickotou

This Anime Is Awesome BUt They Dont Have Episode 11 and more Izayoi Unknown

Rickotou | 1 Comments | Reply

4/25/2013 12:05:24 PM #

Yeah, they haven't explained much about him, but I suppose that's material for a future season...(if it'll ever happen)

Primal X Hearts - Best possible ending for this route. Love it!
Primal X Hearts - Best possible ending for this route. Love it!
Primal X Hearts - Marry me! Now! I also bought a ring!
Primal X Hearts - Marry me! Now! I also bought a ring!
Primal X Hearts - Still isnt this going to attract a lot of attention from the bodyguards?!
Primal X Hearts - Can I? Damn, this route is awesome...*cheers*
Primal X Hearts - Can I? Damn, this route is awesome...*cheers*
Primal X Hearts - Its a natural phenomenon! Ignore it!
Primal X Hearts - Its a natural phenomenon! Ignore it!
Primal X Hearts - Ahahah, but this is wrong! I need to do that! *laughs*
Primal X Hearts - Ahahah, but this is wrong! I need to do that! *laughs*
Primal X Hearts - Best girl! I dont think anyone else can possibly top her...
Primal X Hearts - Best girl! I dont think anyone else can possibly top her...

MoriyamaMoriyama