Episodes : 4,5 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - Hastur is a trap? That's preposterous! - Episodes 4,5

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - Hastur is a trap? That's preposterous!

Episodes : 4,5 9. May 2012 20:07

Today we'll talk about the fourth and fifth episode of the anime series Haiyore! Nyaruko-san that continues with a combination of random comedy, crazy storyline and a bit of fanservice.

If I have to tell what strikes me more of this series after five episodes, I can safely say it's the main characters personality/strength.

All of the main characters shown till now (judging from the fan-art all of them have been introduced) have clear objectives and try in every way to reach them.

Haiyore Nyaruko-san

The most shocking revelation we got in these two episodes is that Hastur, the character voiced by Rie Kugimiya, is actually a male wind demon. The so-called "King in Yellow" of the Lovecraft Mythos...

But yes, he's a trap and an extremely dangerous trap too. Especially if you consider how he's clearly trying to capture the protagonist heart and managed to extort a promise out of him. :P

I was completely fooled by his looks in the fan art and at a certain point I started to wonder "why only Kuko and Nyaruko get fanservice-like artistic renditions?!".

Apart from the extreme cuteness of the trap Hastur, this small video scene from the fifth episode made me wonder if Nyaruko is actually right this time around as well.

I mean, she detected the protagonist mother as an "hunter" in the past (third episode) and all the things she says seems to inevitably become truth.

What are the reasons which made the protagonist's mother a target for the alien organization and that mysterious green-haired woman? What is her relationship with Hastur?

Haiyore Nyaruko-san

Next episode our heroes will infiltrate in the great Cthulhu hideout in order to save the protagonist's mother and punish Kuko from being "unloyal". I'm sure Kuko will be more than happy being punished by Nyaruko...

By the way, I'm curious if we'll get a chance to behold the most popular monstruosity from the Lovecraft universe. What kind of creature will Cthulhu be in this anime series?!

Are you asking why I don't look scared? Well, judging from the past experiences, I'm expecting some beautiful girl like Nyaruko to appear in his role. :P

Haiyore Nyaruko-san

Concluding, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san is a wonderful comedy series which I suggest to anyone looking for a very light hearted series with random comedy and a bit of fanservice.

I'll continue to watch this and maybe make a couple of additional posts on it in the future.

5/9/2012 8:13:50 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

I'd like to make some Hasturium. One sitting won't be enough, holding him all day will certainly work.

Although I like Nyaruko x Mahiro. I won't complain for Hasuta x Mahiro.

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:17:45 PM #

Ahahah, I have to agree that Hastur is really cute as a boy. Combining voice + cute looks made easy for me to confuse him as a girl...

Nooo, but that's BL! We don't like BL in our harem series, do we?!

What about Kuko X Nyaruko?

5/9/2012 8:22:52 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

I think it's Rie Kugimiya and she does a great job as Hasuta.

Nothing wrong with a little BL, 2 cute boys will make a lovely couple.

That couple will automatically happen if Hasuta goes with Mahiro.

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:26:49 PM #

Definitely a great job, I like how her voice doesn't look "tsuntsun" as in her Louise/Shana roles.

Ok, I think we have a deal my dear comrade. You get your BL couple, I get my yuri couple. I mean, that will make everyone perfectly happy! (or at least me and you!

Now the question is...what will be the role of the green haired woman? Is she interested in Mahiro's mother or what?

5/9/2012 8:33:44 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

I support every couple:
Normal - Nyaruko x Mahiro
Yuri - Kuko x Nyaruko
BL - Hasuta x Mahiro
I think I'll go with the flow and choose the couple for the situation I am in. With you I can see clearly you want the yuri so in reality, I get 2 good couples here, yuri and BL.

Lets just ship green hair with his mother anyway

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:35:59 PM #

I ship two of the three couples. I'm fine with both the Normal or Yuri, so the best for you is definitely the yuri end + BL end.

I wonder how the newspaper-club schoolgirl fit in the equation and if she will get more screentime later. She's quite cute, don't you agree?

Ahahahah, another yuri couple? I won't complain for sure if that happens!

5/9/2012 8:41:54 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

She might actually be best for Mahiro as she's the only normal girl. It all depends if there can be any kind of relationship created. Though she's just there to get a good story.

Even if Mahiro got into a relationship with any normal girl, Nyaruko would never give up. Same with Kuko and Hasuta.

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:43:12 PM #

Ahahah, you got a point!

What about an harem end with Mahiro getting all six of them including mother and green haired woman? Now that would be awesome...

5/9/2012 8:47:16 PM #

Ecchi Catgirl

Incest? You know what, I've seen so much of it, it doesn't actually matter.

And don't even think about shipping Kuko with Mahiro, she will only ever love Nyaruko. I guess it could be her way to reach Nyaruko.

Ecchi Catgirl | 545 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:48:56 PM #

That's my whole idea behind the harem end. Kuko will be happy anyway being together with Nyaruko and same for all other characters.

As Sugisaki from Seitokai no Ichizon said "Harem end is the only happy end!"

5/17/2012 10:07:07 AM #

Silver

Hmmm... how about if we ship it as:

Mahiro x Nyarko x Kuko

See? Everyone is happy!! Mahiro gets Nyarko and Kuko yets Nyarko. Sharing is caring... wait what the hell is wrong with me?

Silver | 625 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/17/2012 10:11:38 AM #

That would be A+ in my books!

Ahahah, you're being infected by our talk! Welcome to the club man!

5/9/2012 8:30:51 PM #

I really have to stop snacking while watching this show, I almost choke while watching it. This anime is a murder weapon in disguise.

I didn't expect this either, I was so sure Hastur was a girl. Why is such a cute character a boy? It's maddening, insane, against common sense!

Fukou da | 3999 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:33:36 PM #

Ahahahah, I learned from experience and I never eat while watching comedies. I'd end up risking my life otherwise...

That's truth, I would've liked a full harem for Mahiro, but it seems he got a shota stalker behind him...at least we have Nyaruko and Kuko right?
Who's your favourite between the two?

5/9/2012 8:37:38 PM #

Yeah, seriously they need to put a warning on these comedies, I'm pretty sure we would all benifit from having our lives extended.

Now let's see. I'd have to say Nyaruko, her personality and antics never gets old. Though I do enjoy Kuko's obsession with Nyarlko.

Fukou da | 3999 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:39:50 PM #

Ahahah, "beware of this comedy. It may make you choke!"

Awwww, I say let's take both of them home (and leave Hastur in Mahiro's hands) and decide later who takes who ok?

5/9/2012 8:43:31 PM #

Now that's an idea, I'll take Nyarlko! If I do that then Kuko will follow after like bee to honey.

Fukou da | 3999 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:44:41 PM #

Ahahah, we need to share between comrades! I'll take Kuko, you go with Nyaruko and the whole world will be happy! *_*

5/9/2012 8:45:42 PM #

Oh fine, guess you can't have everything in life. T-T

Fukou da | 3999 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:47:17 PM #

Definitely that's the harsh truth...

5/9/2012 8:35:27 PM #

SparkNorkx

Long live Hastur! It must be a girl!

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:36:54 PM #

We need to keep hopes! Maybe they'll reveal later on she has a twin sister...now that would be awesome, don't you agree?

5/9/2012 8:44:30 PM #

SparkNorkx

Ohhh yeahhhh...*_*

Or if Hasture turns into an actual girl somehow during the series.

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:45:21 PM #

That's hard to think, but maybe using reincarnation or some other random plot device may actually happen...

5/9/2012 8:46:26 PM #

SparkNorkx

In To-Love Ru, it happened! So it must be plausible! xP

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:47:36 PM #

Let's keep hope comrade!

5/9/2012 8:48:21 PM #

SparkNorkx

*nods proudly* Indeed, brother!

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:49:22 PM #

5/9/2012 8:51:11 PM #

SparkNorkx

And oh right, it also happened in Kampfer and Steins;Gate. ;D

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 3:01:06 PM #

raisuke16

speaking of kampfer, i miss that series...wasn't there a second season of that?

raisuke16 | 159 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 3:07:36 PM #

Go into the category of this blog dedicated to it. I think we discussed of that already in the comments.

5/11/2012 3:11:20 PM #

raisuke16

thanks dude

raisuke16 | 159 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 8:52:44 PM #

5/9/2012 9:04:49 PM #

SparkNorkx

Voted~

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 9:08:56 PM #

*love*

5/9/2012 10:25:08 PM #

Aedes

Hastur is King in Yellow, not of yellow. He will not be pleased.

Aedes | 337 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 10:27:22 PM #

Ouch, my bad. Will he kill me or try to BL me?! That's the problem now...

5/9/2012 10:29:00 PM #

Aedes

He will BL you, for it's a fate worse than death.

Aedes | 337 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 10:29:58 PM #

Oh no! But wait, I am you! So you will get BL'ed as well...

5/9/2012 10:34:46 PM #

Aedes

I will chop off his thing with my axe, so I have nothing to fear.

Aedes | 337 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/9/2012 10:36:40 PM #

Good, that way you'll save us both! *_*

5/10/2012 12:41:02 AM #

SparkNorkx

I won't let you chop him, Aedes the Anti-Cuteness Troll. xP

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 7:25:53 AM #

5/10/2012 4:47:20 AM #

Cely_belly

Ha ha BL . . . <3  I am not complaining

Cely_belly | 117 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 7:25:46 AM #

The positive thing of that BL couple is that implies I get the yuri couple Nyaruko x Kuko as well! That's awesome!

5/10/2012 11:51:54 PM #

Cely_belly

Everyone's happy

Cely_belly | 117 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 11:55:37 PM #

That's the great thing of having different interests...

5/10/2012 5:44:32 AM #

raisuke16

Still havent checked this one out but im sure we're in for more yuri glory...one thing im sure that feal is so happy for...lol just kidding feal

raisuke16 | 159 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 7:26:09 AM #

Go for it! It's a really entertaining episode/series.

5/10/2012 7:48:59 AM #

hippiefreak12

Man it's been awhile since i've been here
I don't know if I have mentioned this but I'm a huge fan of Lovecraft's original work
I kinda felt sad and happy when i heard about this series
Oh japan, is tehere anything you can't turn into a little girl?

hippiefreak12 | 53 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 7:52:46 AM #

hippiefreak12

and I noticed, you got Dracu Riot
I'm jealous

hippiefreak12 | 53 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 7:54:26 AM #

Yep, just playing it atm!

5/10/2012 7:59:10 AM #

hippiefreak12

If I may, I request scenes with the blondie once you're done with Erina's route

hippiefreak12 | 53 Comments - starstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 8:16:44 AM #

Of course I will do as requested! Plan to play her in the next playthrough...

5/10/2012 7:54:13 AM #

It's wonderful isn't it? Not even Outer Gods are saved from the Moèfication!

5/10/2012 10:34:59 AM #

Wieselhead

all these onesided love interest are hilarious.
Hasuta being no girl is a lie I won't believe until there is some real proof XD

Wieselhead | 848 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 10:40:57 AM #

Agreed!

Ahahah, we'll keep our hope till the very end that Hastur will eventually join the harem as a girl!!!

5/10/2012 1:11:45 PM #

cheezeburgerz

good lord you're also watching this, lol.

I just watched this yesterday, and the 5th episode got me crazy. I'm questioning the gender of the wind deity >_<

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 1:17:24 PM #

Of course I am! Why would I skip such a delicious anime series?

The story says he's a male wind demon/deity, but most of us are doubtful of this truth...because well we all hopes for another bishoujo...

5/10/2012 2:30:38 PM #

cheezeburgerz

I don't want BL in this delicious anime D:

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 2:40:10 PM #

That's the spirit!

5/10/2012 3:05:16 PM #

cheezeburgerz

Or else, I'm gonna question my humanity if that happens D:

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 3:41:39 PM #

Ahahah, Hastur is a weapon of mass destruction thanks to his cuteness. He need to become a She! Writer, HEAR OUR PLEA!

5/10/2012 3:58:47 PM #

cheezeburgerz

HE MUST BE A SHE!!!

Well, I need to look more in to that opening

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 4:00:09 PM #

5/10/2012 4:27:54 PM #

SparkNorkx

Okay, seriously? ...Repeating what I said? "It must be a she!" O_o

SparkNorkx | 518 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 4:47:47 PM #

5/11/2012 2:18:02 PM #

cheezeburgerz

D:

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 5:22:27 PM #

Miette-chan

Sigh... how I was wishing Hastur would deny being a boy throughout the episode but alas...

I gotta agree with you, the striking personalities of everyone is quite refreshing. Even Mahiro is starting to be less tsun, tsun. I look forward to see what happens with the rescue... and to see why the preview had them all on the beach.

Miette-chan | 122 Comments - starstarstarstar | Reply

5/10/2012 5:28:59 PM #

Ahahah, there is still some possibility to be honest. They made a promise just before the end of the series and that promise may become "truth" if Hastur end up dying and resurrecting as a female...(just my speculation)

Yep, quite curious about how they'll jump from the Cthulhu hideout to a beach...

5/11/2012 12:35:31 AM #

alex

Kuuko is a miracle of the universe

alex | 396 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 12:36:33 AM #

I wholeheartedly agree with this truth of the universe!

5/11/2012 9:26:10 AM #

Silver

"Flag get!" ~Kuuko

Yep.

Silver | 625 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 10:56:39 AM #

Kuuko simply wins! ALWAYS!

5/11/2012 10:54:19 AM #

alex

dat voice, dat "shonen"

alex | 396 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 10:57:23 AM #

Yep, the voice and personality is the main feature of Kuko. In terms of looks, I prefer Nyaruko.

5/11/2012 2:38:53 PM #

alex

alex | 396 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 2:44:35 PM #

Agreed, that's a cute pic indeed! I got a couple more with some Nyaruko/Kuko action, wonder if I should publish them into next post...

5/11/2012 2:50:44 PM #

raisuke16

go ahead

raisuke16 | 159 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/11/2012 10:54:36 PM #

Justin

Ok good I was not the only one tricked by Hastur. I almost thought I was crazy

Justin | 28 Comments - starstar | Reply

5/11/2012 10:56:49 PM #

Man, I think pretty much 3/4 of the anime community got trolled by Hastur!
In the first couple of episodes I was looking forward to "her" introduction especially as I love Rie Kugimiya!

But still as you can see from the other comments, there are other guys who still think she may become female...SOMEHOW!

5/14/2012 12:07:50 AM #

Justin

I think you must save them! They will be tainted if you don't!

Justin | 28 Comments - starstar | Reply

5/14/2012 12:11:02 AM #

We will strive and fight in our "Hastur will become a girl" committee...

5/12/2012 4:07:06 AM #

kirziga

arr, i can't believe that she's really a "he"..

kirziga | 299 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2012 7:37:26 AM #

We still have hope. Join the "Hastur is not a male" club together with the other guys in here...

5/14/2012 5:16:51 AM #

kirziga

hahah!  I didn't know such club exists.. But he's really cute for a guy.. that's just ...... unfair..

kirziga | 299 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/14/2012 8:39:10 AM #

Yep...unfair and we need to do something to fix this problem...

5/12/2012 1:45:13 PM #

cheezeburgerz

I need this anime's OP

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2012 1:46:16 PM #

Same, I'm waiting for it together with the wait for Nisemonogatari second OP...

5/12/2012 1:51:30 PM #

cheezeburgerz

When will this OP be getting a release? Any news?

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2012 2:02:42 PM #

23 May for HaiYore Nyaruko-san OP!

5/12/2012 2:06:07 PM #

cheezeburgerz

hurray!!

ooh! nya! ooh! nya! ooh! nya! let's nya!

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/12/2012 2:22:14 PM #

(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!

Let's\(・ω・)/にゃー!

5/12/2012 4:07:50 PM #

cheezeburgerz

This should be the official dance of this OP lol

cheezeburgerz | 329 Comments - starstarstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/13/2012 12:09:22 PM #

Azūnyan27

What is Yuri ??

Azūnyan27 | 1 Comments | Reply

5/13/2012 12:10:25 PM #

5/14/2012 5:05:14 AM #

kirziga

Our "Dream"

kirziga | 299 Comments - starstarstarstarstar | Reply

5/14/2012 8:38:42 AM #

Ahahah, nice answer man!

Minamijuujisei Renka - Wow, they were even more cute in their childhood!
Minamijuujisei Renka - Wow, they were even more cute in their childhood!
Minamijuujisei Renka - Are you sure about it? *evil smirk*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Are you sure about it? *evil smirk*
Minamijuujisei Renka - It was pretty good then, thats good to hear...*nods*
Minamijuujisei Renka - It was pretty good then, thats good to hear...*nods*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Were married! Or maybe not...
Minamijuujisei Renka - Were married! Or maybe not...
Minamijuujisei Renka - Dont worry! *hug*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Dont worry! *hug*
Minamijuujisei Renka - Well, Im an healthy male after all...
Minamijuujisei Renka - Well, Im an healthy male after all...
Minamijuujisei Renka - This is going to bring change to the school...
Minamijuujisei Renka - This is going to bring change to the school...

TupTupTupTup